done, for now anyway

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

done, for now anyway

Post by steve-o »

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: done, for now anyway

Post by thirtyseven »

That is a bummer, I really enjoyed having a place to go and see what other racers-types (fast-slow-ugly) were up to across the country. A reminder that this sport, in this country, is dependent on pationate people who take their turns and pour their time and recources into promoting and/or sustaining it.

Which reminds me, I still owe Dirtyboy a my 2011 case of beverage for all the work he puts into this website... :applause:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

What a shame. Off road with a Canadian perspective. What could be better?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

kind of sad. I wish he could have made it work. He had way more local/real content than any of the other sites.

It does look like inside motocross is trying to fill the gap with a revamped/ relaunched website. I hope they step it up as Dan left some really big shoes to fill.

http://www.insidemotocross.ca/

kennyblatz
Writer
Writer

Post by kennyblatz »

that sucks i really liked that site how many daily viewers were there?, could the public keep it going if corporate isn't?

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

kennyblatz wrote:that sucks i really liked that site how many daily viewers were there?, could the public keep it going if corporate isn't?
According to Dan there were a lot of page views everyday (I think 100K in first 8 months, not sure). If I was a betting man I would say that the lack of industry support has more to do with the fact that there are only a handful of people in the MC industry that control the purse strings which creates a very volatile situation for anyone trying to make a living in the industry. Dan is a guy that says what he thinks, which is great for the reader but I imagine some industry people don't like reviews of their products that are not 100% positive.

I think it would be awesome if people who loved his work would help find a way to keep ORM alive. That would mean money....does anyone have any? :D