Speed Channel Motocross

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Speed Channel Motocross

Post by dirtyboy »

Anyone been watching Speed Channel? They have been having the FIM motocross on Tuesdays and the CMRC Nationals on Sundays and Tuesdays.

I'm hoping that they air the GNCC series again this year. Last year was awesome TV coverage with helmet cam rider to catch some woods action and everything. :canada:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Yea I aslo watched the US Open from Vegas on NBC last Sunday.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Damn, I missed that. I was saving m520's email for a reminder and everything. :crybaby:

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

GNCC and Dakar Coverage

Post by WR_Dave »

THe Speed(Nascar)channel has lost all the good coverage of anything off-road related. The Outdoor Life Network in the US has the GNCC's and the Dakar coverage, the (TSN-Toronto Sports Network) owns Canadian OLN and puts Bowflex infomercials on in place of any US based motorsports coverage. Send them e-mails bitching about this problem and maybe they will hear us. Great site, Dirtboy, I see you also run around on TT, Keep up the good fight. WR Dave.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I just watched the SX from Anaheim today! Mudfest! Windham won after Carmicheal fell three times, Stewart was 6th I think, Reed front wheel locked up and he finished 16th. There was a shortened progarm and Ramsay won the 125 on a KTM!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: GNCC and Dakar Coverage

Post by dirtyboy »

WR_Dave wrote:THe Speed(Nascar)channel has lost all the good coverage of anything off-road related. The Outdoor Life Network in the US has the GNCC's and the Dakar coverage, the (TSN-Toronto Sports Network) owns Canadian OLN and puts Bowflex infomercials on in place of any US based motorsports coverage. Send them e-mails bitching about this problem and maybe they will hear us. Great site, Dirtboy, I see you also run around on TT, Keep up the good fight. WR Dave.
So that's what happened to the GNCC coverage! I kept checking the Speed channel listings and the gnccracing.com web site but I didn't find any TV schedule.

I've only got a certain amount of letters in me so I write the polititians about keeping Alberta dirtbike friendly. :D

By the way, WR_Dave, I thought I was looking in the mirror when I saw your screen name and avatar. :blush:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

cladoo wrote:I just watched the SX from Anaheim today! Mudfest! Windham won after Carmicheal fell three times, Stewart was 6th I think, Reed front wheel locked up and he finished 16th. There was a shortened progarm and Ramsay won the 125 on a KTM!
cladoo, Was that on cable or do you have satelite?

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

It was on american satelite at a friends of Marcus's. Stewart was 12th not 6th.

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Can aynbody out there tape any current sx,mx or gncc stuff off their satelitte for me I will pay! thanks SPEED CHANNEL SUCKS FOR MOTORCYCLE RACING AND CANADIAN TV IS NOT MUCH BETTER :banghead:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I have been bitching to OLN Canada about their moto coverage and I got an e-mail back stating that the Dakar coverage "WILL" be on OLN starting next week. There is supposed to be 5 - 1 hour segments starting on the 20th or 21st in the evenings. Check your TV shedules and set the VCR's or the digital recorders. WR Dave.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Check out Speed Channel listings for the next month or so and you will see quite a bit of racing coming up :dblthumb: . Tomorrow Feb.13 there is Arenacross and the MXdN. On March 8th there will be the World Enduro Championships the first four rounds. The nest four rounds on Mar. 29 and on April 5th the ISDE and WEC wrap ups. Also there are Supermoto and Speedway :banana: and other Arenacross races. Its about time! :applause:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Did anyone watch the WEC on Speed? :applause: It looked like no enduro I've been to. The Spanish round looked like a wide open motocross. The other rounds were more technical. Pretty neat though! I put it on a DVD so maybe we can watch it at a meeting.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Speedchannel is having the Daytona Supercross on from 9pm till Midnight tonight, Friday the 11 th. The WEC enduros looked like a blast, although a lot flatter than here. Enjoy the races tonite--WR Dave.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

How about that race in Daytona! :applause: What a finish in the 125(250 4St) class! First win for KTM! :jump: CR looked great and RC looked like he was going to crash all night and finally he did! Those two are so much better than anyone else, unreal!