2012 Schedule

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Re: 2012 Schedule

Post by primerib72 »

twotired wrote:
primerib72 wrote:Thank you gentlemen....that was easy enough.:thumbsup: I really am looking forward to this and hope to make as many as possible.
You'll want a full season license then. You can buy that from the ADRA site anytime if you're itching to get your hands on it, CMRC's site, or at the race like a lot of us buy at our first race of the year. I think it's $130. The ADRA ladies that sell the licenses at the race are really good. In the past they have sold racers day licenses at each race $40 first race, $40 second race, then your third race they'll sell you a seasons license for the remaining $50. :thumbsup: I always buy the full season license at my first race, which will be Riviere's Revenge in 2012. :banana: Are you racing on that yz450?

My first;
Makes sense to me to go that route....thanks for all the info boss! Letting the 450 go and looking at going pre-mix....I have one bike in particular and hopefully it all works out.
CR250R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I just got an email from CMRC that said Dec. 15 was the deadline to carry your numbers forward to 2012. I always like to order it early so I don't have to worry about the race numbers. It sucks to pay for numbers and end up not being able to use them because someone else got dibs.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

dirtyboy wrote:I just got an email from CMRC that said Dec. 15 was the deadline to carry your numbers forward to 2012. I always like to order it early so I don't have to worry about the race numbers. It sucks to pay for numbers and end up not being able to use them because someone else got dibs.
Some one in Ontario got 37 last year, they gave me 33, of course being grumpy, middle-aged, hardheaded, and a slightly superstitious fellow I used 37 anyway...
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

The CMRC number system doesn't make much sense. They can only give one license out for each number across all of Canada, all disciplines combined. They don't differentiate between mx or offroad let alone the different classes or juristictions.

I logged in to the CMRC member services yesterday and if I want to renew online now the only two digit number available other than the one I have (which is reserved for me until December 15th) is 66. After the 15th a whole bunch of other numbers will be available.

I'd hate make some kid cry in his cornflakes because I took his favorite number! :crybaby:

I do like Howard and run whatever number I choose. They can put 'their' number on my license and I'll put 'my' number on my bike and no one will ever know the difference. The only conflict comes if there is someone else in my class at our races with the same number on his bike, then one of us has to add an 'x'.

I've never run the same number two years in a row. I've been going with my overall placing from the previous year which has been 9th now two years in a row. I'm going to change it up for next year and go with something different. I'm thinking next year I'll run the number...37. :smirk: Just kidding! I'm thinking #40 for my age and new class. :thumbsup:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i run #13, always have. But now its become the 'cool' number to have....arrrggghhhhh!
i will run it anyways in 40B :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

twotired wrote:I do like Howard :huh:
I meant I have done like Howard and run whatever number I choose.

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

I see that there is two weeks in between the two CEC western rounds, that doesn't make much sense for people coming from the east. :confused:

LisO

Post by LisO »

kennyblatz wrote:last time i talked to the folks at bump they said there sapposed to have there race again which i thought was a kermaxx event
We will not be hosting a CMRC event. Instead in 2012 we will be continuing with BUMP's signature events such as the Big Dog, and the King and Queen Race that focus on fun and family participation.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i ended up with 113 but as you guys said the numbers would free up Dec 15th. They didn't until yesterday. i got my number 13 back :applause:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

I guess I should have clarified that after they get the renewals from those who wished to keep their numbers from last year (due December 15th) they would eventually get around to releasing the available numbers at their convenience, not exactly December 15th... What class did you pick from the drop down menu Tom? 40B isn't one of the choices. :excuse:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

twotired wrote:I guess I should have clarified that after they get the renewals from those who wished to keep their numbers from last year (due December 15th) they would eventually get around to releasing the available numbers at their convenience, not exactly December 15th... What class did you pick from the drop down menu Tom? 40B isn't one of the choices. :excuse:
Actually what happened was they sent the renewals out late, so they extended the deadline until yesterday when they would release numbers.
If you log into the member services, you go to change race number. That is how i did it Mike :cheers:

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

rock933 wrote:I see that there is two weeks in between the two CEC western rounds, that doesn't make much sense for people coming from the east. :confused:
Now the schedule says July 7,8 and July 14,15 for the western CEC rounds.