Hare Scrambles

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Hare Scrambles

Post by dirtyboy »

MXnut wrote:1) What group/s host such events and what group/s must I be a member?
There is a 7 race HS series hosted by the CMRC.
There is a 4 race XC series hosted by the CMRC.
It is kind of like 1 big series because most people go to all of the races but the points are kept seperate and the races have a different feel.
There schedule is listed here: http://www.albertadirtriders.com/schedule2005.htm There are 7 or so different clubs that put on the CMRC races. For all of these races you need a CMRC membership. They are quite organized and keep overall points for the year. You can buy the membership at the first race or get the membership from their web site and send in your money. They issue the race numbers in advance that way. If you buy at the first race, just bring some tape to make some numbers for the day. CMRC is http://www.cmrcracing.com Check the regional results to see the past couple years race results on their page.
MXnut wrote:2) How are numbers assigned or selected?
You ask for your favorite 3 numbers and if there isn't a conflict with another rider then you get the number. As long as you don't ask for #1 or #4 :D Usually a 3 digit number is easy to get.

MXnut wrote:3) I am not sure what race class to enter. I am quite fast on the trails and there is not much I will not tackle. I guess start at an intermediate level?
It's hard to tell about your speed here but most with experience start with Junior class. Junior usually starts after Vet Junior .
MXnut wrote:I'm sure I will have many more questions but that will be a good start. Thanks!
Fire away, that's what the forum is for? :banana:

muskeg
User
User

Post by muskeg »

Hey you forgot to mention the CMA HS series, for this year!!! :bonk: there is a 5 race season. On the Sat. they have ladies and kids races of all levels, and keep track of there points for the season, just like in the competive class. Membership is alot cheaper than cmrc, and the whole family have a full weekend of racing at all leveles. Lots of prizes and they give away alot of stuff for each race. :banana:
06 FE 450
86 cr500 ice racer
04 crf230 daughters
05 Kodiak 450 Wife's
07 Griz kinda mine (will not admit )

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Muskeg,

I chose not to mention the CMA series because I have been disappointed by the CMA races in the past and therefore couldn't recommend them. In the past couple of years they have cancelled a few races without much warning and for various reasons. I have also found that although the CMA membership is cheaper it has a higher cost per race. The CMA terrain is all very similar but we get to see more variety of Alberta's backcountry. :thumbsup:

The CMRC also has kids and ladies beginner races on Saturdays at all races. Ladies experts ride the big course on Sunday, so there is a choice. The kids are excited about the year end awards because of it. The kids are our future.

I'll buy a CMA license again this year but the CMRC will be my primary series. :D

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

The CMA HS races and crosscountry races last year had an average of about 35 total racers on sunday- I paid for full membership and then entry fees (for me and my family!)- when the race started I was on the starting line with 2 friends that came with me and 1 other rider! - this year we will save the money and ride and race together for free or enter the CMRC races and race a full starting gate of riders from all over!!! (even though we do not really care for CMRC itself) they are the only sanctioning body working with the Alberta Dirt Riders that has 1400 riders and racers registered in Alberta! If the CMA races had full starting gates I would enter them but, they have very poor support in ALTA and the last few people involved with the CMA refuse to join their old friends and race together :confused:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

muskeg
User
User

Post by muskeg »

Iv've had the same experience with a couple of races with cmrc. Even drove to a race once to find it was cancelled.
So the grass is not always greener on the other side!! :cool: