Christie Mine Madness HS

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Christie Mine Madness HS

Post by dirtyboy »

I see that the poster is up. Any more information besides that it is SW of Pincher Creek? What's the course like?

Ready185
User
User

Re: Christie Mine Madness HS

Post by Ready185 »

Yes, it would be great to know what the course is like, particularly with the 100mm of rain they had last week!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I spoke with Doug McClain and this is what I found out.

The course is about 15km long. It will have a grass track section for spectators to watch. It will be muddy. Clint is helping or flagging it. They are trying to make it fun and not too tight in the trees. It will follow some cattle paths. There should be room to pass. There is a small moto track but he doesn't think that it is flagged in. The guys are cutting out some trees that are on the ground to make it less frustrating.

He also described it like Porky's but with smaller rolling hills. Sounds like an fun time.

I wonder if Clint might have some other comments?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I sure am glad that they don't have any endurocross obstacles. I have heard a large number of complaints about those obstacles being incorporated into a hare scramble. If I want to go climb tires and provide entertainment for spectators I will go to Cornergrass (see you there June 25th :thumbsup: )

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Dobi wrote:I sure am glad that they don't have any endurocross obstacles. I have heard a large number of complaints about those obstacles being incorporated into a hare scramble. If I want to go climb tires and provide entertainment for spectators I will go to Cornergrass (see you there June 25th :thumbsup: )

I agree with this too. Although I don't believe the first Pincher race let us know about them until we were there and paid up. I sure hope there aren't any. if I go and there is, you're looking a t a sweeper here.

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

This race sounds sweet!!
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

steve-o wrote:
Dobi wrote:I sure am glad that they don't have any endurocross obstacles. I have heard a large number of complaints about those obstacles being incorporated into a hare scramble. If I want to go climb tires and provide entertainment for spectators I will go to Cornergrass (see you there June 25th :thumbsup: )

I agree with this too. Although I don't believe the first Pincher race let us know about them until we were there and paid up. I sure hope there aren't any. if I go and there is, you're looking a t a sweeper here.

Maybe after Clint's race he should have served up some waaah burgers and french cries. This is OFFROAD racing boys! if you want to be a "complete rider" you should be ready for anything. I'm pretty sure the EWC's, GNCC's, WORCS, Eastern CMRC's, PNWMA's, and CEC's all have some ex obstacles on course at some point......

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

W.F.O wrote:
Maybe after Clint's race he should have served up some waaah burgers and french cries. This is OFFROAD racing boys! if you want to be a "complete rider" you should be ready for anything. I'm pretty sure the EWC's, GNCC's, WORCS, Eastern CMRC's, PNWMA's, and CEC's all have some ex obstacles on course at some point......
Yah, I guess earthmover tires occur so often in nature I should have expected it.

Endurocrss is cool if that's your thing, to each their own. It just does nothing for me to prove that I can do. Maybe I should take up poking my finger in my eye because it will make me a better rider to learn to ride with one eye just in case a branch ever takes one out.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

W.F.O wrote:[
:lol: :lol:

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

W.F.O wrote:
I agree with you !! (probably the 1st time ever) and I want to be the most well rounded and complete dirtbiker their is but lets be realistic Mr Bolso.

Not everyone wants to be the best in the world. Most people ride for fun, and if they dont want to do something in the woods, they go around it. As Steve-O says "To each their own"
2012 250XC

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

From my experiences. Going beyond my comfort zone, I have always felt more alive. My most memorable race last year was Racehorse in the snow. I thought i was going to freeze to death. But I did it. Among 6 others. While many opted to stay in camp and "snuggle" by the fire....... I've been on many rides where a rider is pushed well beyond where they thought they should go. I bet that ride means a lot more than just an everyday cruise through the woods.

Every obstacle is an opportunity. Whether it be in life in general or on the bike. If you do not try for fear of failure, you already have.

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

W.F.O wrote: Every obstacle is an opportunity. Whether it be in life in general or on the bike. If you do not try for fear of failure, you already have.

Thanks for the dreamy quotes Ryno.... better get a new tattooo :D

reguardless... this race sounds sweet. Sad I am missing it!! GOod luck to all who goes!!!
2012 250XC

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

hilux94 wrote:
W.F.O wrote:
I agree with you !! (probably the 1st time ever) and I want to be the most well rounded and complete dirtbiker their is but lets be realistic Mr Bolso.

Not everyone wants to be the best in the world. Most people ride for fun, and if they dont want to do something in the woods, they go around it. As Steve-O says "To each their own"
Hmmmm Hilux94, way to please everyone! :thumbsup: :lol: :smirk:

Hilux94 and WFO weren't even at the event so can they realistically comment? Is there something else going on here? Please start your own topic if you want to continue.

We have a policy here that we don't criticize volunteers and since all of these races are put on by volunteers, please keep this on topic. The topic is the upcoming Christie Mines HS.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

W.F.O wrote:From my experiences. Going beyond my comfort zone, I have always felt more alive. My most memorable race last year was Racehorse in the snow. I thought i was going to freeze to death. But I did it. Among 6 others. While many opted to stay in camp and "snuggle" by the fire....... I've been on many rides where a rider is pushed well beyond where they thought they should go. I bet that ride means a lot more than just an everyday cruise through the woods.
Spoken like someone in their 20's Let's see how you feel about this in 20 more years! :lol: FYI: I beleive I was the only one at clints race in my class to do the obstacles every time and I know what you are saying about the sense of accomplishment and pushing yourself (which I gained by doing so), it is just that the race was advertised as a hare scramble not endurocross or portions there of. A good chunk of people too afraid to speak up (me included) just really weren't interested in doing endurcross style riding. Just becasue you can do something doesn't mean you should. Again, to each their own. :cheers:

Ready185
User
User

Post by Ready185 »

Does anybody know about camping and free-riding? Private or public land? It's a long way for the family of four to come from Stony Plain if only our three racers can ride and then only during the race. i.e. Are we looking at 30 man-hours of travel for 7 man-hours of riding? I just don't know anything about this venue--hoping it's another like Porkies or Crowsnest!