The 2011 Season is here..

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The 2011 Season is here..

Post by Hendrix13 »

Seriously, it's "to be continued...". What next, do you get abducted by aliens or something :crazy:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Hendrix13 wrote:Seriously, it's "to be continued...". What next, do you get abducted by aliens or something :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on the floor!

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Hendrix13 wrote:Seriously, it's "to be continued...". What next, do you get abducted by aliens or something :crazy:
That just wouldn't be possible.

Clearly at this point the only thing left would be for him to loose the front axle forcing him to complete the loop while riding only on the back wheel.
The voices are back. Awesome!

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

:lol: :lol:
Clearly at this point the only thing left would be for him to loose the front axle forcing him to complete the loop while riding only on the back wheel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by twotired on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

... Meanwhile his lovely bride has packed up camp and is saying "I know that clown won't be back till 10pm!" :smirk:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

thirtyseven wrote:... Meanwhile his lovely bride has packed up camp and is saying "I know that clown won't be back till 10pm!" :smirk:
As she should. Now kindly remove your lips from my wife's butt!

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Well since the season is winding down this thread will probably slowly drop off the map, with the exception of a video in the works from me of Racehorse Creek and of course a few more episodes of the "X-files" (the truth is out there) from twotired when Hendrix13's "aliens" pop out from behind some rocks and devour twotired's ktm. (truth: they are Axel99's hillbilly-Acadian-skinnypantwearing-stilloperatin' cousins).

So some reflections:

1. Every race was great! All the clubs that put on a race should be very proud! They all had different flavors, but they were all great. From riding between two four foot snowbanks clint Riviere plowed out, the excellent "new" trail at porkies XC, the mud at Christy Mines (I really hope they let us come back!) the mix of tough and sweet at vega, being able to ride the badlands at " Johny O" and the majesty of Racehorse Creek. Simply an Awesome collection of riding.

2. I think the ADRA and the clubs have hit a " sweet spot" in cooperation and maturity and we are going to see a number of years of really cool racing in Alberta. A few people come to mind but Renee Turner, John Bader and the whole slew of people that are at every race keeping things running smooth deserve a big hand.

3. There are several members of our club that really did us proud... In no particular order, AJRJ passion, determination and a quick learning curve! :thumbsup: Axel99 huge jump on the ktm :thumbsup: twotired, your last series of videos show what we knew, big heart and like the best of Alberta riders never say die! :thumbsup: And last but not least Bark, this year Bark tackled some really tough races with grace and good humor, took all the worst that could be dished out and never complained, grumbled, or made excuses, just used each experience as a learning tool on how to get better. I had the unfortunate task of informing him his race was over at the "Dirtier Moose", and the look on his face was a mixture of elation (it's OVER) and disappointment he couldn't continue. Within about a minute he was analyzing his performance and beginning to form a plan for next time. In my opinion Bark exemplifies what it means to be an Alberta dirtbiker...For most of us below the pro's it's about a personal journey to conquer the beautiful trails we have here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Well Said... :thumbsup:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Part 11;

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Not sure but did you have a momentary lapse of reason and say 'you're going for it" ??????? :confused: :confused:

QUIT already!!!!! There was PEOPLE there, safety, warmth, probably food and drink too! Hardcore I say, hardcore. :eek:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Ohh Man, that's so funny. You're just asking for it now.

This is like some cheap horror film where you just know they shouldn't check out that noise in the middle of the night...but they do anyways.

And then it all goes horribly wrong........Alien abduction :eek:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Hmmmmm continuing on? :confused: I wouldn't want to be riding a partial motorcycle over the spine. :smirk: :eek: Good luck. Twotired, I'm biting my finger nails here because I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Meanwhile, I found some more footage from my fun ride. :D

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Did you guys notice that the official year-end results are now posted? Congrats to the winners. Howard, Jamie, Ron, Mark and Trevor are the Vet champs :applause: :applause: :applause:

http://albertadirtriders.com/offroadwinners11.htm

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

thirtyseven wrote:Well since the season is winding down this thread will probably slowly drop off the map, with the exception of a video in the works from me of Racehorse Creek and of course a few more episodes of the "X-files" (the truth is out there) from twotired when Hendrix13's "aliens" pop out from behind some rocks and devour twotired's ktm. (truth: they are Axel99's hillbilly-Acadian-skinnypantwearing-stilloperatin' cousins).

So some reflections:

1. Every race was great! All the clubs that put on a race should be very proud! They all had different flavors, but they were all great. From riding between two four foot snowbanks clint Riviere plowed out, the excellent "new" trail at porkies XC, the mud at Christy Mines (I really hope they let us come back!) the mix of tough and sweet at vega, being able to ride the badlands at " Johny O" and the majesty of Racehorse Creek. Simply an Awesome collection of riding.

2. I think the ADRA and the clubs have hit a " sweet spot" in cooperation and maturity and we are going to see a number of years of really cool racing in Alberta. A few people come to mind but Renee Turner, John Bader and the whole slew of people that are at every race keeping things running smooth deserve a big hand.

3. There are several members of our club that really did us proud... In no particular order, AJRJ passion, determination and a quick learning curve! :thumbsup: Axel99 huge jump on the ktm :thumbsup: twotired, your last series of videos show what we knew, big heart and like the best of Alberta riders never say die! :thumbsup: And last but not least Bark, this year Bark tackled some really tough races with grace and good humor, took all the worst that could be dished out and never complained, grumbled, or made excuses, just used each experience as a learning tool on how to get better. I had the unfortunate task of informing him his race was over at the "Dirtier Moose", and the look on his face was a mixture of elation (it's OVER) and disappointment he couldn't continue. Within about a minute he was analyzing his performance and beginning to form a plan for next time. In my opinion Bark exemplifies what it means to be an Alberta dirtbiker...For most of us below the pro's it's about a personal journey to conquer the beautiful trails we have here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words, I honestly had nothing but fun! That is, if you enjoy the odd self-imposed beating, you'll have a blast! :thumbsup:

It really is a great group of guys who attend these things and support each other. I do my best to always remember that its hard for everyone and that everyone is just at a different stage of their development. Sure, some guys progress further, some have more desire or more persistance, more heart, whatever you want to call it. But, for guys like me, just stretching my limits is what I want. Its good clean, dirty fun.

I'll be back next year! My goals are:
- be on the same lap as the guys in my group
- use the transmission more frequently (I've mastered 1st gear already!)
- keep it fun!

Keep up the good work over there thirtyseven!

Woot!
Aaron

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Come on Twotired, where is the next installment!!?? Slow day at the office here. Can't wait to see your "spine" footage. I'm just going to say it now. Twotired's video compilation of racehorse gets my vote for "Video of the season". I know Howard had a lot great stuff and awesome editing, but nothing beats the sure determination of Twotired. Many a lessor person would have pulled out after the creek swim! Your documentation of the course is spectacular, and the effort you put forth at this point,( I assume you finished after all that :lol: ), is astounding. :nworthy: