Xtinction 2011

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
nizzo
User
User

Re: Xtinction 2011

Post by nizzo »

hey steve-o,

directions and accomodations are listed on our Xtinction.ca website under the tab "Lodging & Directions" theres a good Google map link on there.

hype....I'll just say this....entries are rolling in fast....and the roster includes more horsepower than any other off-road race in Canada, ever.

nizzo

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Just heard there are rattlesnakes down there... I'm OUT!!!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i will be there to photog it :)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Does the map open for any of you guys. There seems to be an issue when I try to use it. :confused: -- WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

WR_Dave wrote:Does the map open for any of you guys. There seems to be an issue when I try to use it. :confused: -- WR Dave
works for me. i am using Firefox.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

the link under lodging and directions works for me too.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

OK it seems to work if I refresh the page after it loads. :confused: :confused: WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Brenan225 »

Just got back from Xtinction. Spent the day watching pro riders ride up and down things I'm sure goats would think twice about. I took alot of pictures but they just don't put the terrain in perspective. Great event!
Resist, Insist,and Persist

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Brenan225 wrote: Spent the day watching pro riders ride up and down things I'm sure goats would think twice about. Great event!
Unbelievable, AWESOME. Make the day trip next year, a must watch.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

There is a few Xtinction threads going on here, maybe the moderators can merge a few? :thumbsup:

Here is a few teasers and my write up and rest of the photos can be found in the link below. Truly an amazing event once again, and can't say enough good about it. You just had to be there. Make sure you don't miss Xtinction III next year!!!
Nick Fahringer at the boy's hills climbing competition
Nick Fahringer at the boy's hills climbing competition
Even Bobby Prochnau struggled through some of the sections
Even Bobby Prochnau struggled through some of the sections
Brent awaits the carnage to clear on "Gerry"
Brent awaits the carnage to clear on "Gerry"
Full report:
http://www.dzikphoto.com/2011/08/14/xtinction2/

Moose
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Moose »

Mark,

Your photos are totally of the hook! I could not stop looking at them - you have captured the essence of our event to a tee! It takes one heck of a creative person to make pictures tell a story and I feel you have hit it out of the park!

No offense to any others on the forum, we really appreciate the kind words, enthusiam, and photos/videos you have all shared. CGRT is truly passionate about what we do and we are so pumped that we can share such a great experience with you! The post race response has been incredible and really makes it worthwhile in the end.

Cheers,
Moose (aka Shane Cuthbertson)

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Thanks Moose, appreciate the compliment a lot. Documenting how much effort went into this true world class event was my privilege. :nworthy: :nworthy:

Cheers,
M

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ha,ha moose no offense!!! Mark's got'er nailed! It was a great event, my heart was pounding when I heard the bikes coming to the little corner I was at. I have to say fahringer looked awesome on the husaberg, just looked like a sweet combo of bike, rider and style. Hope you guys can rustle up aenough energy to do it again next year.... :thumbsup:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

ya thanks to all the guys with cameras...that's been great. Mark obviously has a little more invested into the photog stuff, top notch for sure. But it's great to get to see all of the different camera and angle shots out there. This venue is big for Albertan's mostly because of the spectators and exposure through Throttle entertainment and offroadmotorcycles.ca etc...

Other then the extreme test at Blairemore CEC, this is the ultimate for all of our supporters/fans to come and watch and be apart of the excitement. It pushes me harder when you have people shouting and cheering for ya. It puts a little more energy into the body when you would normally sit on the seat and coast for a bit...so that is great!

Too bad B Pro fell apart on his last lap, but he must have put everything into his first 4 to keep the lead crew in sight.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC