Xtinction 2011

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Xtinction 2011

Post by Dobi »

Was just browsing the CGRT website and noticed the link to www.xtinction.ca was up. What is even more cool is the fact that they have www.CanadianBadlands.org listed as a sponsor. This is the mainstream tourism that old people like our parents use, and now they are going to be introduced to and promoting off-road motorcycle racing at its best! :thumbsup:

Kudos to the CGRT and all that they do for the sport :nworthy:

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Re: Xtinction 2011

Post by hilux94 »

Dobi wrote:Was just browsing the CGRT website and noticed the link to http://www.xtinction.ca was up. What is even more cool is the fact that they have http://www.CanadianBadlands.org listed as a sponsor. This is the mainstream tourism that old people like our parents use, and now they are going to be introduced to and promoting off-road motorcycle racing at its best! :thumbsup:

yayyyyyeerr!!!!
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Yeah, pretty stoked for this year again. I recently reposted my 2010 report with photos on my new work-in-progress website, so if you wanna get pumped for this year, check it out.
http://www.dzikphoto.com/2011/01/27/xti ... a-alberta/

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Nice job vfr!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

:applause: Great write-up...and pictures :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Awesome!
#Z3B

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Dobi wrote:Was just browsing the CGRT website and noticed the link to http://www.xtinction.ca was up. What is even more cool is the fact that they have http://www.CanadianBadlands.org listed as a sponsor. This is the mainstream tourism that old people like our parents use, and now they are going to be introduced to and promoting off-road motorcycle racing at its best! :thumbsup:

:canada: :canada:

Gotta thank you Mike, for your enthusiasm and kind words, we aim to please and do our flag proud.

Nick has made a slight adjustment to the new site, CB is someone we are trying to promote, to allow Xtinction to be part of a family trek into Southern Alberta. Its is all about crossmarketing and tourism. You will see other links similar to CB with groups we are going to partner with, not neccessarily be sponsored by, so that an family may plan that summer vacation and allow the entire family some entertainment, for a number of days.

We've got great support this year from the County of Newell, they are very glad to have us bring this type of event of this magnitude to the Brooks area...all part of making the real world realize that 'dirt bikers' are not 'hell raisers'. We've turned a few heads in the past few months with the level of organisation and attention to detail that offroad events in Alberta are executing. Hats off to those in the sport who have developed racing to where it is today.

We created Xtinction.ca to separate the hare scrambles from the Extreme event, and avoid some confusion we had last year. The hare scramble will be called the Johnny O Classic, in honour of the land owner, Johnny O, :D a great character of a man. The CG site will host details to that event. just so ya know.

more news coming, hope to see you all our there.

Mark,,, mind if I link your blog to our CGRT and Xtinction facebook page? Love your pics and your story.

cheers

Fry

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Lee, go ahead with the linking. I was actually going to drop Shane an email and ask him to change my gallery location on the CGRT site and the other sites you guys posted to since I'll be deleting the other one.

Thanks again to everyone who puts on this race and can't wait 'til August.
:cheers:

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Sweet Mark!! I'll get Nick to change the link on the site.

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

fryguy wrote:

:canada: :canada:

Gotta thank you Mike, for your enthusiasm and kind words, we aim to please and do our flag proud.

Nick has made a slight adjustment to the new site, CB is someone we are trying to promote, to allow Xtinction to be part of a family trek into Southern Alberta. Its is all about crossmarketing and tourism. You will see other links similar to CB with groups we are going to partner with, not neccessarily be sponsored by, so that an family may plan that summer vacation and allow the entire family some entertainment, for a number of days.

We've got great support this year from the County of Newell, they are very glad to have us bring this type of event of this magnitude to the Brooks area...all part of making the real world realize that 'dirt bikers' are not 'the place that is hotter than Las Vegas raisers'. We've turned a few heads in the past few months with the level of organisation and attention to detail that offroad events in Alberta are executing. Hats off to those in the sport who have developed racing to where it is today.

We created Xtinction.ca to separate the hare scrambles from the Extreme event, and avoid some confusion we had last year. The hare scramble will be called the Johnny O Classic, in honour of the land owner, Johnny O, :D a great character of a man. The CG site will host details to that event. just so ya know.

more news coming, hope to see you all our there.

Mark,,, mind if I link your blog to our CGRT and Xtinction facebook page? Love your pics and your story.

cheers

Fry

Wow Lee! Congratulations on your efforts and taking our sport in Alberta to the world stage! As we all know it is the mainstrem support that is needed to make these events happen. :applause: :applause:
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Hey Fellas

I have heard a few guys talking about the hare scramble begin the long weekend..and not so. We will run the same program as last year with full ADRA Kermaxx Off Road Series on Saturday. And for those that felt that they were shorted a ride in the badlands, please realize that it was in your best interest that we did not take you in there!!! Anyone notice all the bones laying around that place?? LOL But we have listened, and we are going to rent more land to allow us to route the saturday course deeper into the badlands and keep the trail very rideable.

We are going to make a huge effort to make the pit area a little more hospitable with less cactus etc...sorry for that last year kids, who new in 2 ft of grass cactus would grow as well? I'm a little wiser this year to the ground, so it will be better for all.

Dafood, concessions who also have worked at Corner Grass are very capable, will be on site. Again, we have lived and learned an amount, and changes will be made to allow a much better access to the concession.

We have great partners on board, more coming actually. Husaberg is the title sponsor, they have been behind me and the efforts of CGRT for many years and 2011 has been stellar...on support for both the race team and the event. While there is not an open cheque book, there is certianly an effort being put in by KTM Canada to make sure that we get everything possible to make this what we all want it to be.

Red Bull will be on site with a huge promotional package and is helping us with marketing etc. Baby steps...baby steps....

GoldenTyre Canada, unknown to most, is our 'tyre' supplier, adn if anyone needs bib mousse, check out www.xtinction.ca for a link or his phone number. GoldenTyre is an Italian tire manufacturer who is breaking out into the world in the recent few years, notably backing Graham Jarvis with his Husaberg support Flight Racing Team. More on Graham later.

I have a great friend and enthusiast that has helped me put together our $10 000 purse....which on one step is buying riders, but, hey, whatever it takes to build the event. At this time Canadian off road is still walking...and just for that matter...and its going to take a while to run yet. Its going to take money to build and get us on stride. Hopefully, the cash will bring the US riders and hopefully more exposure into the US with print media.

Anyone interested in spending a day in hiking boots, being a course spotter/marshal/spectator/ribbon repair person, email me at lee@cornergrass.com and I'll find a place for you that won't disappoint. Please indicate how long you would like to help for the day, Aug 7 only, and your riding skill as I need a few people on bikes.

Any questions, please email lee@cornergrass.com . I am sorry that I don't spend any time on this site, but this summer has been uber busy and PMs will be missed.

thankyou any and all for your support, keep well

fry

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Wow fry, good for you and great for all of us.
Thanks for all you do.
TK :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Pretty impressive entrant list: Graham Jarvis, Mike Brown, Nick Farringer not to mention our homeboys Schrage, C. Graffunder, Bobby Prochnau etc. You can't afford not to go to this years event! :applause:

Can't wait.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

SO pumped. :canada: :canada:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Fry- people are stiring, any detailed directions and accomodation answer and or just hype in general you can give us at this time??? Looking forward to it.