APEX CEC and stuff...

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

APEX CEC and stuff...

Post by Suzanne »

Hey, Kev and I are heading to Apex on Friday. Who else is going??

Also, does anyone have some tips on a make-your-own spark arrestor?? Last year I heard some people talking about how they put screens in their silencers...... any suggestions?

Suzanne

:)
Mrs. Wildman

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: APEX CEC and stuff...

Post by Dobi »

I am going. I found the best fix to be the KTM hardparts silencer with S/A. There were a lot of bikes with them at Blairmore this weekend.

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

Those silencers are pretty sweet ....
Mrs. Wildman

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I recalled a link that someone started last year and was able to easily source it out using the handy dandy advanced search feature of this great website :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4497&p=29376&hilit= ... tor#p29376

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

Cool, thanks Dobi, I knew I'd read about that somewhere ... our forum rocks.

I think we got it all figured out anyway ...

See you there!
Mrs. Wildman

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

There's a group of us looking at getting a 3 bdrm condo at creekview but it's gonna cost $295 per night and it's a bit of a walk. any recomendations? i would hope there are some racer deals for this event and something right close to the action?

Did anyone get a break down of the results from this last weekend? they were posted in the rink broken down for every test section.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

Brent wrote:There's a group of us looking at getting a 3 bdrm condo at creekview but it's gonna cost $295 per night and it's a bit of a walk. any recomendations? i would hope there are some racer deals for this event and something right close to the action? .
http://www.worldendurocanada.com/nation ... lumbia.htm

Hotel Deals - There are two lodging options available at the Apex resort and there will be basic camping availble in the main parking area.

Saddleback Lodge- this is a cozy small lodge at the base of the hill. They have about 15 rooms ranging from large rooms (with kitchens) perfect for small families to standard size rooms. There is a communal kitchen and BBQ for guests to use, great room with a fireplace, free highspeed internet, satellite TV, exercise room and hot tub. All of the non-kitchen rooms include a full hot breakfast and I can attest that the hosts make a fantastic breakfast. Contact John or Lindsay for room rates 800-863-1466

Apex Mountain lnn - this the large hotel at base of the hill with over 80 rooms including some with kitchens. Room rates range from $79 (4 nights) $89 (3 nights) $99 (2 nights) $109(single night) contact Apex at 800-387-2739 or after April 250-292-8126 or info@apexmountaininn.com

Stay at Apex.com - Competitors & specators and friends we offer a total of 27 cabins, condos and town homes ranging from 1 - 4 bedrooms all located at Apex Mountain Resort, BC. Each property has a fully equipped kitchen, satellite television, beds made & towels provided. Choose from additional amenities such as a private hot tub, garage, fireplace, pool table & more. During the Canadian Enduro Championship we are offering all properties at super value season rates. Third night will be 50% off or fourth night FREE. If you have any questions or would like to make a reservation please contact us toll free 1-866-273-9737 or email us.

Brent wrote:Did anyone get a break down of the results from this last weekend? they were posted in the rink broken down for every test section.
Results are posted online....
http://www.moto-tally.com/wec/results.asp

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I recommend stayatapex.com They have treated us really good the last few years and have bbq's and a hot tub on the deck. It is right next to the pits. we are in the keromous crossing again this year.

these are the same people that run the hostel on site. If you are looking for cheap accomodations the hostel is it. If you want to stay super cheap and sleep in the truck they do offer a shower for a few bucks.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Results are posted online....
http://www.moto-tally.com/wec/results.asp[/quote]

those moto-tally results do not show the individual test sections. Just wondering if that is available. thx.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Brent wrote:those moto-tally results do not show the individual test sections. Just wondering if that is available. thx.
They do Brent. Just click on "Select Class", pick E3Open in your case and then in "Select View" click on "Points Detail" instead of "Summary".

:cheers:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Brent wrote:Results are posted online....
http://www.moto-tally.com/wec/results.asp
those moto-tally results do not show the individual test sections. Just wondering if that is available. thx.[/quote]

http://www.moto-tally.com/wec/Results.a ... nts+Detail
http://www.moto-tally.com/wec/Results.a ... nts+Detail

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

We have a "studio suite" at apex inn (kitchen & living area + murphy bed) for only $80 night, and they're cool with the B-dog bunking in. :applause:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Mrs wildeman, we're headed out early fri as well. What time are you aiming for?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

We are heading out Friday morning. We got a condo for 6 + baby. Should be fun!!
Mrs. Wildman