Porkies XC pictures

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Trudy
Writer
Writer

Porkies XC pictures

Post by Trudy »

Last edited by Trudy on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Porkies XC pictures

Post by thirtyseven »

Trudy!!!! Forcryingoutloud! You know a guy like me is not permitted on facebook!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

Oh Howard, I don't know what to tell you. I have to figure out a quick and easy way to post these pictures. I want to just show everyone their pictures, but it cost money and takes time to have a website. It also takes forever to upload to photobucket, plus it will cost me money to upload this many pictures.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS????

FlamesFan
Writer
Writer

Post by FlamesFan »

Trudy wrote:Oh Howard, I don't know what to tell you. I have to figure out a quick and easy way to post these pictures. I want to just show everyone their pictures, but it cost money and takes time to have a website. It also takes forever to upload to photobucket, plus it will cost me money to upload this many pictures.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS????
http://imageshack.us/ works great. If you want to reduce the size of the image file, load it up in ms paint and shrink it down in size and then upload it to imageshack and paste the image link on here! Lets see some pics!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

www.photobucket.com works for me whenever I post pictures and it is free.
Claude

dwagner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dwagner »

There are two great photo storage and sharing sites - one is Flickr or another is Picasa. The both work very well and are free, and they can be incorporated into websites easily. I use picasa because I use Google Apps for my business - I love Google anything!

Let me know if you have questions. I have been an IT professional for 20+ years, and I also do web development and graphics for fun - you can see my latest site I did at http://www.questwellness.ca.
Thanks,

David

Find the RMDRA on Facebook at http://facebook.com/rmdra

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

If you need to reduce the size of a bunch of images, XnView is a free piece of software that works great and can be run in a batch process, which will save you a great deal of time. Then, the reduced size photos will upload much faster.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

cedric wrote:If you need to reduce the size of a bunch of images, XnView is a free piece of software that works great and can be run in a batch process, which will save you a great deal of time. Then, the reduced size photos will upload much faster.
Now that's good info!

D. :thumbsup:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

I can reduce the file size on my computer easily. I need a site that will host my images for free. I know Photobucket works great, but I have more pictures than it will load for free. Flicker shares your photo's which means I have to keep them ALL on my computer. I like to export everything to a external HD.

I'm trying Imageshack. It doesn't seem to have any size limitations.

Thanks for the info people!

otter
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by otter »

Love the photo's of both race's..........thanks for putting them up.

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

When you view your own photo's in Facebook and you are the account holder, after clicking the album that you want to share, there is a little blurb on the bottom that says "Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:" and below that is a html address. Post that and anyone even without a facebook account can view the photo's. I do this with crazy people like thirtyseven who either aren't allowed permission on there or believe it's sponsored by the CIA. :smirk:
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

Thanks Rider EH, but photo-bucket actually worked this time. Kept erring out last night :excuse:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The pictures on facebook are great. It's awesome that Trudy takes the pictures and uploads them so quick. :applause: :applause: I'm happy with what ever is easiest for her.

I'm not much of a facebook fan but it's easy enough to create an account there, if you want to see the pictures. :smirk:

d4rk5trok3r
Writer
Writer

Post by d4rk5trok3r »

Those are some fantastic shots, lots of good action!

I would love to spend a day shooting, but the drive to beat myself up racing is slightly greater.

Thanks!

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

dirtyboy wrote:The pictures on facebook are great. It's awesome that Trudy takes the pictures and uploads them so quick. :applause: :applause: I'm happy with what ever is easiest for her.

I'm not much of a facebook fan but it's easy enough to create an account there, if you want to see the pictures. :smirk:
X2. Thanks Trudy!

Fast Steve-o (inside joke)