The Moose X/C

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

dirtyboy wrote:Dobi, was there anything broken or just a really bad bruise? As for the smack talk, I see that you have reached the Pro level on this board. You know what that means? :devil:

You sure can talk with the keyboard. :devil:
Seriously, it won't be long before you are ripping it up on the track with the Juniors and then Intermediates. Just give it 2 more years. :dblthumb:
I bruised the tailbone and have swelling in the muscle/tissues in my lower back and butt. Nothing broken thank goodness. It looks like I will be down for at least a couple of weeks though.

As far as moving up to Junior I think that I will be ready soon. I have to get more comfortable with my starts and need to get more time in riding to condition myself for the length of the races. Minus the back injury I would have been anxious to get out for another lap at the Moose. I would have liked to have seen my lap time down under the 1:30 mark.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

dobi wrote:I bruised the tailbone and have swelling in the muscle/tissues in my lower back and butt. Nothing broken thank goodness. It looks like I will be down for at least a couple of weeks though.
Ouch, I did that once snowboarding. It is bad. It lasted quite a while. I had to go the football pad store and get those football shorts with the butt pad. A little uncomfortable on chairlift/seat but it got me going again a lot faster.

As for the riding, you are doing really well. Keep it up....

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Pro = A lot of Lip Flapping???? :blah: :D

Congrats on the wins! Dobi, I am not sure if I want to know how you got a swollen 'behind'...I am sure it's a very colorful story and all. Good to hear it was a good race. Was it very hot? I know it was hot in the City while I slaved away at work you guys were enjoying some great riding!

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Don't worry Glen I am going to take some pictures this weekend when I get my digital camera and I will send you plenty of disturbing images :cripple: The heat wasn't too bad up in the mountains. The muskeg patches were a nice relief when I got that glob of skeg down my neck :banana:

I have heard from a few people that the flagging could have been a little better. I missed 3 corners by following the person in front of me and then took it upon myself to actually look for the ribbons and never missed another corner. I also think it makes you faster as it forces you to look further down the trail as you ride. Just my $0.02