Stampede Hare Scramble Course cutting

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Stampede Hare Scramble Course cutting

Post by Brent »

I will be arriving at the fisher creek staging area this saturday morning June 18th at 9am to start laying out and cutting course. Anyone who is interested and would like to help out, is much needed. Bring your chainsaw, or battery operated sawzall and some lunch. I will also be there on Sunday as well, I am not quite sure just yet about camping over the weekend.
I called the McLean Creek camp ground office to inquire about the washed out road and found out that it was a myth. The roads are all fine.

Hope to see you there!
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Cool :cool:

I'll be there. Thanks for checking on the road thing.

I'll bring the GPS :D

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Love to be there as well, unfortunatly Ill be in ottawa, keep us posted for flaging etc.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i'll be at Maclean Volunteer Days. We are doing trail maintainence and building multiple bridges including 3 singletrack bridges. If we are proactive in water crossings than SRD will be pleased and hopefully not put any restrictions on us.
We also have lots of heavy equiptment out there with dump trucks to fill in some of the nasty holes that have developed over the years.
We will be at the staging area near the campground. We are providing free camping Fri/Sat night and dinner on Sat for the volunteers.
Maybe we will see ya.
Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

RED :DOG: It shows what the SRD knows! The North-South Mclean road (gravel) is in great shape. Fisher trail west is definately washed out. I hope I have the name right, it is the road that goes west from Mclean road. The CMA harescramble crossed this road last year. Anyhow the washout was right before the "widowmaker" hill climb. On Saturday the creek was over 6' deep.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

:excuse: Doug and I would love to be there, but I don't think we will be able to make it. Might be taking a writer from Cycle Canada out on sunday.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

McLean Creek Trail is fine. The road going west to Widowmaker is definitely washed out. I saw it with my own eyes.
04 DRZ 400

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

What if you would like to come but have no chainsaw?? I am trying to scrounge one up.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dobi wrote:What if you would like to come but have no chainsaw?? I am trying to scrounge one up.
Come ahead Dobi. We need strong guys to move the deadfall after it's cut :D

Be there, or be square. :loser:

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Dobi, you don't need a chainsaw to come. Your help with or without a chainsaw is valued. Hope to see you there at 9
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

DirtGirl wrote::excuse: Doug and I would love to be there, but I don't think we will be able to make it. Might be taking a writer from Cycle Canada out on sunday.
I wouldn't happen to be Lawrence Hacking would it? If so I would like to meet an old freind.
Claude

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I just watched CFCN news and thet showed the mclean creek trail and the highway south of brag creek closed. are we still on fot tomorrow??? I am sitting here wating out the hail storm of my life. hail the size of my fist and rain has flooded the streets. (cool pics though) I am going to go investigate the vehicles as soon as it lets up some :banana:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Another 50mm rain expected tonight and tomorrow. I think that I am out for tomorrow. I'd rather go after the flood than during the flood. :eek:

I bet our trails don't look the same.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dobi wrote:I just watched CFCN news and thet showed the mclean creek trail and the highway south of brag creek closed. are we still on fot tomorrow??? I am sitting here wating out the hail storm of my life. hail the size of my fist and rain has flooded the streets. (cool pics though) I am going to go investigate the vehicles as soon as it lets up some :banana:
It's off for June 18. I just talked to RedDog, he'll be updating here later.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I just came back from a walk down to the river in Okotoks. It is so high and they said that it was 2-4 feet higher overnight! The bridge is closed as the water came over the edge last night. The current is just raging. Some people had to be air rescued out of two of the campgrounds in town, they didn't believe the forecast. Another couple was boated out from their home. I sure hope it doesn't rain anymore but they are calling for more today. One couple we met said that they heard that parts of Canmore received 145mm of rain in 40 mins yesterday, that's close to 6 inches! Sunday looks to be sunny and warm, lets hope so!
Claude