Question for the new racers

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.

Do you leave the 2 hour race feeling satisfied ?

2 hours racing is enough
38%
I want to ride longer than 2 hours
63%

Total votes: 8

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Question for the new racers

Post by dirtyboy »

I've met a few of the new racers this year and I have a question for you. :confused:

I know that many of you enjoy 4 - 5 hour trail rides. Now that you have done a race or two, is 2 hours of riding at a race enough to satisfy you? Or would you want more?

:cheers:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I have only raced one race so far and if they are all as phsically demanding as Rivieres Revenge than 2 hours is more than enough. It it had been dry I think 2 hours would have been about right. Mind you with some conditioning I may have to change my vote :cripple:

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

3 hours would be more satisfying.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

he,he,he........
Well my first race and all that i can say is WOW!
That was the longest and most physically demanding thing i have done. Falling/crashing over 20 times and picking, dragging, throwing my bike to get it out of the way of others probablly did not help.
i went to my chiropractor at lunch, i was one hurting unit. Still though i would have went another lap if there was time. :D

A full race report to follow soon :blah: :D

Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I would definetly like to see the races a bit longer, but it really depends on the conditions:

Porkies X/C @ 100km was perfect!!
Rivieres Revenge with the rain.....2 hours was enough for me....without rain, 3 would have been great, and I think Clint even hinted he might do that! :banana:

Didnt race Vega so cant comment there, but generally speaking to drive that far I would like to ride longer than just 2 hours. :cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dobi wrote:I have only raced one race so far and if they are all as phsically demanding as Rivieres Revenge than 2 hours is more than enough. It it had been dry I think 2 hours would have been about right. Mind you with some conditioning I may have to change my vote :cripple:
Congratulations on winning your first race. :D That must feel great! I'm sure we'll be seeing you again. ;)

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spinalguy wrote:he,he,he........
Well my first race and all that i can say is WOW!
That was the longest and most physically demanding thing i have done. Falling/crashing over 20 times and picking, dragging, throwing my bike to get it out of the way of others probablly did not help.
i went to my chiropractor at lunch, i was one hurting unit. Still though i would have went another lap if there was time. :D

A full race report to follow soon :blah: :D

Tom
I think that it's a little tougher for us "Veterans" even though "Veteran" has nothing to do with experience (just age). My first year of offroad racing I finished last or second/third last every race. The way I looked at it was that I was learning new areas to ride at all the different locations. All the race locations are different.

Race report? I always love to hear those. ;)

Hope to see you at the next race! :D
Last edited by dirtyboy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MotorEd wrote:I would definetly like to see the races a bit longer, but it really depends on the conditions:

Porkies X/C @ 100km was perfect!!
Rivieres Revenge with the rain.....2 hours was enough for me....without rain, 3 would have been great, and I think Clint even hinted he might do that! :banana:

Didnt race Vega so cant comment there, but generally speaking to drive that far I would like to ride longer than just 2 hours. :cheers:
At Vega the lap times were about 30 minutes and we came in at 1 hr and 57 minutes so we headed out for another lap. Total race time almost 2.5 hrs. It depends how you time the race.
Dude wrote:3 hours would be more satisfying.
Another idea is to move up to Intermediate or Vet Master. Some races have these and higher classes race for 2.5 hrs + a lap so you could ride up to 3 hrs with the fast guys. :D

P.S. MotorEd, I think that we spent too much time together :eek: waiting for the pile ups at Clint's race. :banana:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

dirtyboy wrote:
P.S. MotorEd, I think that we spent too much time together :eek: waiting for the pile ups at Clint's race. :banana:
At least they were entertainment while you waited. Unless you were like me and were the cause of a few of those pile-ups :buttkick: then, not so entertaining. I would have loved to have ridden that track dry the whole race because those hill climbs and cliff drops are great learning ground.

Thanks for the Congrat's on the win. When I came in from my second lap and learned I was in second place it was pretty satisfying, then on my 3rd lap she told me I was in the lead by 50 seconds I had a wave of energy to keep going. That wave was pretty much gone by the time I beat my way through the infield and down that final hill onto the trail :crazy: .

I have the new parts ordered to get the bike back together and will definitely be around for the next race, after all I have a title to defend now :confused:

I am curious though, Do I have to move up to the next class now or do I stay as a beginner for the rest of the A&E series?

See you all at the next race (or sooner :banana: )

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Well look at that. Didn't know about the AERacing series for this year. I'm not sure about that. Beginner is supposed to be progressive meaning you win 1 or 2 and you move up but how does that work if the races are at the beginning and end of the season? I'd call up Dave French and ask about that one.

Edit: Doesn't show as a picture. You'll have to go to their site to view it. Look under Motocycle events.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

dirtyboy wrote: I'd call up Dave French and ask about that one.
I am afraid to call Dave. Every time I talk to him it costs me a tonne of money :crazy:

I have to pick up some parts on Friday so I will chat with him then.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Maybe he'll agree to to bring your points from Beginner over to Junior, or something like that. I'm sure that the ADRA guys will want to put you in Junior by that time if you continue to ride like you stole it at the other races. :D