MtnBlue

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

MtnBlue

Post by dirtyboy »

What part of Waiparous do you ride at? Know really well? What staging area?

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I have ridden from South Ghost to Fallen timber and back on many occasions. I still find more stuff everytime I'm out there. The loop from south ghost to fallen timber is about 160km or more (depending on how many sections of single track we add). If it's a dry year(not last year) we pushed it upto 200km. I have a large tank on my WR, but we usually stash gas at Waiparous, and hope that nobody finds it (last year our stash got stolen, and would you believe not one 4x4 group at waiparous/mockingbird would spare some gas..........hmmmmm i wonder who stole it). Anyway Dave to answer your question, the staging varies based on the loop, usually Bar C early in the year, I move farther north as the season moves on. I guess you're going to have to come on a ride with us :thumbsup:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn some of the terrain. Better make it happen this year to make sure it happens.

:cheers:

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

MtnBlue took me on a good long tour around there last year. There is some really good single track in there. I would definitly be up for another all day tour this year again.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hey MtnBlue... I'm orange not blue but would appreciate and have alot of fun on a long tour as you've described in your post. Lemme know where and when to meet you!

Cheers! :cheers:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Just waiting for it to dry up a bit more. I'm going to check out the North in the next few days. I'm not prejudice against any colour bike :D My usual group is split 50/50 (orange/blue), as long as your bike runs solid and you can haul lots of gas (we stash gas for the long rides) :cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

crazy2wheeler wrote:Hey MtnBlue... I'm orange not blue but would appreciate and have alot of fun on a long tour as you've described in your post. Lemme know where and when to meet you!

Cheers! :cheers:
Hey crazy,

Welcome to the board! How about telling us something about your self in the Introductions forum?

Blue and Orange always seem to have a good rivalry to keep it interesting.

:canada: