2017 Monster Energy Supercross

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2017 Monster Energy Supercross

Post by Brass »

SteveOg wrote:
Dave P wrote:
A few of my buddies with Android boxes have no problems getting SX every sat night as well. For $70 or what ever they are going for, seems like a good option too.
Do you have some more info on the Android boxes? I don't know anything about those but I'd pick one up in a heartbeat if it works. Thanks!
X2.

I have tried loading FS2 on the Roku box but without a US cable subscription it is useless. Watching the races live is preferred but as a backup we use http://offroadvideos.org/ and watch the day after.

If an Android box will do the trick, I think there will be more than a few of us running out for one.
The voices are back. Awesome!

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

I sent a message to a guy on Kijiji and am going to check one out tonight, hopefully. He says FS1 won't be an issue though. I'll keep you posted.

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

I'm definitely following this to hear feedback on the Android boxes. All in all it is a very frustrating situation.
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

So obviously I haven't had a chance to watch Supercross but I do have a clear, non-choppy feed to Fox Sports One on the box I got. I've also got a ton of other channels (that I haven't loooked at) plus a pile of movies. It's not the most refined system but it works and since I never turn the tv on unless its baseball or Supercross, it'll work just fine. I bought the upgraded (faster) box on the advice of a friend and it cost me $160 including a keyboard style remote. The box replaces Netflix, plus gets me Supercross so as long as it works on Jan 7, I'm happy with it.

If anyone is interested, I can pass along the guys number I got it from. I'm not vouching for him or the product. Just stating that so far, I think it's pretty goood.

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Are we doing the Rocky Mountain MC Fantasy again this year?

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Rider Eh! wrote:Are we doing the Rocky Mountain MC Fantasy again this year?
Yep,

I will set up a league tomorrow (it opens Dec 31st) and I will post up the details.

5 Preview Shows

http://racerxonline.com/2016/12/19/watc ... view-shows

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Fantasy Pool is up and running.

Dave P Fantasy Supercross
Password: RonnieMac2017

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Dave P wrote:Fantasy Pool is up and running.

Dave P Fantasy Supercross
Password: RonnieMac2017
Joined! Can't wait to see how the season plays out. Should be interesting with the new guys and Roczen on a new bike. Hopefully JS7 finds a ride to make things a little more interesting, or Barcia steps it up this year.

bobtm250
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bobtm250 »

I'm testing a program on kodi om the android box. if all goes well i will be showing the race on saturday night at the unicorn, so far so good. i will update later in the week.

Bob

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

bobtm250 wrote:I'm testing a program on kodi om the android box. if all goes well i will be showing the race on saturday night at the unicorn, so far so good. i will update later in the week.

Bob
With the large contingent of out of town folk in for the bike show I always hear them asking where everyone is going to watch A1. The last couple of years most have struck out with no Fox1 & 2 in Western Canada. If you can get Kodi working for Saturday Bob you may need a bigger Pub :D
I am working all 3 days at the bike show, so once you have confirmed Kodi is go, I will spread the word. :cheers:

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

If Unicorn has SX playing I know where I will be every Sat till May haha

bobtm250
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bobtm250 »

I didn't have much luck with kodi so I bought another device called streamtech. It is a subscription based streaming box. while it is not 100% guaranteed to work, it has been working great all night. It is still subject to the usual internet glitches . I'm going to give it a shot with a kodi back up. I will be at the rmdra booth for the afternoon shift Friday and I will update everyone that is there. so no guarantees but its looking pretty good right now..

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

There is also something called mobdroapp.com that installs on Android and it seems to be able to cast to television and has FS1 and FS2 working fine today. Seems to almost work better than Kodi XBMC does. No VPN required.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

bobtm250 wrote:I didn't have much luck with kodi so I bought another device called streamtech. It is a subscription based streaming box. while it is not 100% guaranteed to work, it has been working great all night. It is still subject to the usual internet glitches . I'm going to give it a shot with a kodi back up. I will be at the rmdra booth for the afternoon shift Friday and I will update everyone that is there. so no guarantees but its looking pretty good right now..
Good to hear Bob. Thanks for taking on the initiative :cheers:

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Night Before Sx Woop! Woop!