Rocks & Logs

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Rocks & Logs

Post by Dobi »

Hooligan wrote:Anyone doing Rocks & Logs?

Anyone got any inside info as to any big names that might be coming?
I am signed up for it, but am day to day with a broken foot.

Big names are the usual Graffunder, Haaker, Redmond, Webb and I heard Taddy was going to come back, but can't confirm any of that.

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Hooligan wrote:I am looking for someone who is not a pro or sponsored racer. The very definition of a local amateur but who will be riding in the Pro class. I am preparing an article for Traction e.rag. Anyone want to be famous? :D

Now thats hard to find...most racers in higher classes have some sort of sponsorship even if its just for a discount on gear etc...
Last edited by SpecialK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Womens pro riders to look for would be Lexi Pechout, Shelby Turner and Melissa Harten...
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Hooligan wrote:
Krissy wrote:Womens pro riders to look for would be Lexi Pechout, Shelby Turner and Melissa Harten...
Yes but they have all been to X Games etc. I was going more for a local who is just up to see how they might go against the pros.
Fair enough! I'm going but thats just to give the crowd a laugh :smirk:
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Krissy wrote:
Hooligan wrote:
Krissy wrote:Womens pro riders to look for would be Lexi Pechout, Shelby Turner and Melissa Harten...
Yes but they have all been to X Games etc. I was going more for a local who is just up to see how they might go against the pros.
Fair enough! I'm going but thats just to give the crowd a laugh :smirk:
I think I know of someone that fits the bill.... Krissy.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Hooligan wrote:I will most likely be there for all three? days so can talk to a bunch of people and try to find the right person for the article. My mind is pretty open at this point.
The pro class is pretty well defined for entries this year. I am not sure you will see too many "farm kids" show up and pull off a title run.

Tyler Wendlant would be a great guy to talk to as well. He is an amateur rider that has poured his heart into endurocross for the last few years.

Spencer Wilton is another great example of a yong fellow trying to follow a dream. He has been spending time in the US training and racing to make a run at the entire AMA endurocross series in the US.

Once I see the entry list I may be able to point you in a better direction.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Hooligan wrote:
Dobi wrote:
Hooligan wrote:Tyler Wendlant would be a great guy to talk to as well. He is an amateur rider that has poured his heart into endurocross for the last few years.

Spencer Wilton is another great example of a yong fellow trying to follow a dream. He has been spending time in the US training and racing to make a run at the entire AMA endurocross series in the US.
How do I get hold of either of these guys?
I will PM you contact info.

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Dobi wrote:
Hooligan wrote:I will most likely be there for all three? days so can talk to a bunch of people and try to find the right person for the article. My mind is pretty open at this point.
The pro class is pretty well defined for entries this year. I am not sure you will see too many "farm kids" show up and pull off a title run.

Tyler Wendlant would be a great guy to talk to as well. He is an amateur rider that has poured his heart into endurocross for the last few years.

Once I see the entry list I may be able to point you in a better direction.
I agree! Both guys are great examples, I think you'll get what you're looking for with them Hooligan
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250