2015 Dirty Moose Race Aug 15-16 *** Race Poster & Detail ***

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2015 Dirty Moose Race Aug 15-16 *** Race Poster & Detail

Post by Braap791 »

erniebearskin wrote:So.....Ill go ahead and be the first to ask, what should we expect for the first loop in the rain.... :thinking: :smirk:
It will be super fun! and a little punishing nothing too ridiculous.

brentg
Writer
Writer

Post by brentg »

erniebearskin wrote:So.....Ill go ahead and be the first to ask, what should we expect for the first loop in the rain.... :thinking: :smirk:
I predict very little dust. :smirk:
When life throws you a curve... lean into it, pick your line, and keep your weight on the outside peg.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W

Ahamay
User
User

Post by Ahamay »

FMFDIRT wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:
turbo2point3 wrote:Sounds like a blast! :nworthy:

Can a guy or gal join in without a RMDRA membership and do you need a number or CMA membership?

First race for me and might ask a few friends to join in.

Thanks

Steve
No RMDRA membership required, you do need a CMRC license (the sanctioning body). You can buy a day license for 1/2 price I believe.
It's great that you are not requiring RMDR memberships it would be nice if CMRC would do a better discount for one day and others would do the same. It's expensive if you just want to "try it out" once. I wanted to go do a race a few weeks ago and I just couldn't justify it $45 entry, $70 CMRC and $35 club membership for a total of $150 just to try out racing for a day? It's one thing if you are doing the whole season your cost per race is reasonable otherwise not so much.
A day license is 40, the race is 45. So thats it. So 85. Not 150.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

FMFDIRT wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:
turbo2point3 wrote:Sounds like a blast! :nworthy:

Can a guy or gal join in without a RMDRA membership and do you need a number or CMA membership?

First race for me and might ask a few friends to join in.

Thanks

Steve
No RMDRA membership required, you do need a CMRC license (the sanctioning body). You can buy a day license for 1/2 price I believe.
It's great that you are not requiring RMDR memberships it would be nice if CMRC would do a better discount for one day and others would do the same. It's expensive if you just want to "try it out" once. I wanted to go do a race a few weeks ago and I just couldn't justify it $45 entry, $70 CMRC and $35 club membership for a total of $150 just to try out racing for a day? It's one thing if you are doing the whole season your cost per race is reasonable otherwise not so much.
You could try out knitting, I don't have any personal experience but I hear the cash outlay is pretty low...

Actually just an FYI, the club makes virtually nothing on the race and your frustration with the CMRC is shared.

The race though has given us 2 things.... motivation to clear historical trail previously lost and an official presence in an awesome riding area, without which we would be in danger of loosing our "voice".
Well worth your 150$!!!!!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

thirtyseven wrote:Actually just an FYI, the club makes virtually nothing on the race and your frustration with the CMRC is shared.

The race though has given us 2 things.... motivation to clear historical trail previously lost and an official presence in an awesome riding area, without which we would be in danger of loosing our "voice".
Well worth your 150$!!!!!
HA ha, Spot the guy that worked for a couple of hundred hours in Fallen Timber.... :smirk:

Actually, I would say the club makes less than nothing off the race (I would know), and Howard forgot a couple of things. One would be the opportunity to go out with chainsaws and hang out with people who like to contribute to the riding area (Don't ask me why, it really is fun). The second would just be the passion people have for riding and racing and building a community. There are a lot of great people out there, in this club and in the Second Gear Club, as well as individuals.

We are looking at ways to reduce the barriers to entry, and we understand that for people trying it out the day license and entry is a lot. You do walk away with a cool t-shirt, and a good chance at winning some other prizes, a smokie a few good stories though. I would encourage everyone to either come try it out, or just hang out (or even help out..) and see what it is that has people hooked. We have a new opportunity with the race being post-poned to give it another try.