Best Race Ever??? (Erzberg 2015)

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Best Race Ever??? (Erzberg 2015)

Post by thirtyseven »

No words....
http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stre ... -the-world" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a break and watch all 4 hrs!
Spoiler: better than the Stanley Cup.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Hydro1
User
User

Re: Best Race Ever??? (Erzberg 2015)

Post by Hydro1 »

Going to watch some of that tonight, and finish the rest tomorrow.
Thanks for the link!
I Have been waiting impatiently for nearly a year to watch.
Pipe dream of mine is to race and finish.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

Carl's dinner is relentless this year.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

After watching the whole thing, I'd disagree that it's the best race ever. From a spectator's seat the "Downtown" section was too detailed for my liking. More time should have been spent on highlights of other sections while doing PIP of downtown.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Would have to agree Joe, in fact this may have been the worst Erzberg ever. Up until the Downtown section it had the potentail to be the best race ever with excellent race coverage and an epic course, but.....putting a that section in that he (Karl) had of known could end the race there - not sure what he was thinking. In reality the race did end there in the Downtown section as the race became kinda a joke after that. First he changed the rules while they were stuck in the ravine to allow outside help in a No Help zone when it was clear they were going to "time out" in that ravine and he realized he wouldn't have anyone to celebrate with on the podium.
Humiliating the best Hard Enduro riders in the world in that ravine with all the training, money, sponsorship, etc, etc was a bad idea as the 5 of them decided the race was over and they would all just trail ride into the finish. Imagine all the spectators that came to watch the race, only to watch the top 5 guys slowly trail ride through the last few sections. But then the organizer changed the rules again and cut out a section of the course so they wouldn't time out. It got worse as the 5 of them had issue's in the Endurocross up to the finish line, they all came in one at a time with different finishing times across the finish line, but then he changed the rules again and gave them all the same time and awarded the first 4 riders with 1st place. I'm sure he did this because the top 5 guys decided not to continue racing the event and I'm sure were pissed.
I think Jonny Walker said it best when they asked him on the finish line about the Downtown ravine section " that was just stupid" you could tell he wasn't impressed. :thumbsdown:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

I disagree. I thought the race was brilliant.
Downtown has done a couple things...
1. Showed the limit. It was too much, but for a sport where the riders have been able to continuously meet the challenges of the organizers, and in some cases make the organizers look silly (J. Walkers brilliant ride last year), it wasn't a question of if something like this would happen, it was when it would happen.
2. When faced with the "limit", the riders showed class, teamwork, comraderie, and a supreme will to conquer the course.
3. They then showed a unity, respect and honour of their commitment, not to their sponsors, not to the manufacturers, but to their fellow riders.

I will never forget the image of Jonny Walker tugging on Gomez' bike while having a laugh with Jarvis who looked absolutely done at that point.

These men rose above the futility, above the stupid decision of the organizer, above their own pain and exhaustion. In doing so they made...
One of the greatest moments in racing, EVER.

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

thirtyseven wrote:I disagree. I thought the race was brilliant.
1. Showed the limit. It was too much, but for a sport where the riders have been able to continuously meet the challenges of the organizers, and in some cases make the organizers look silly (J. Walkers brilliant ride last year), it wasn't a question of if something like this would happen, it was when it would happen.
2. When faced with the "limit", the riders showed class, teamwork, comraderie, and a supreme will to conquer the course.
3. They then showed a unity, respect and honour of their commitment, not to their sponsors, not to the manufacturers, but to their fellow riders.

I will never forget the image of Jonny Walker tugging on Gomez' bike while having a laugh with Jarvis who looked absolutely done at that point.

These men rose above the futility, above the stupid decision of the organizer, above their own pain and exhaustion. In doing so they made...
Well said! I agree, the last 20 minutes of the race was the most exciting to watch. The sportsmanship they showed had me so amped about racing.
When do you ever see that? Make's me even more proud to be apart of the sport.
...And sure the race ended at downtown in terms of competition but who wasn't impressed that they pulled their bikes up that, not just one but five?!
Especially after racing that damn HS this weekend in 30 degrees :banghead: I have so much respect for those guys and the race WAS exciting, will watch again.
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

Ahamay
User
User

Post by Ahamay »

Trail guy said it the best. Just ridiculous.

Hydro1
User
User

Post by Hydro1 »

thirtyseven wrote:I disagree. I thought the race was brilliant.

I agree. I finished the rest of the video last night.
Might be worth watching again in a few months.
Definetly the best erzberg rodeo to date.

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BRod »

A little late, but on my list! Unbeknownst to me, I rode a week in Utah and an invitational in Kelowna with none other than Cory Graffunder's (5th place Ersberg, 4th Last Man standing. . . . ) pop. I even suggest a line for him. I felt bad because he has the skills of his son, but my bad line caused this.

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

That's an impressive scrub. Not even bubba gets it lower.
-Jared
#44b

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/events/er ... e-scramble

Should be able to live stream this race.

Starts in 2 hours

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Dave P wrote:https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/events/er ... e-scramble

Should be able to live stream this race.

Starts in 2 hours
3:30 am...

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member