Porkies Report

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Porkies Report

Post by thirtyseven »

dirtyboy wrote:Here's the first part.

Was your camera still running when you were yelling at me to wake up and start riding?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

erniebearskin wrote:Awesome videos. Looks like it was great conditions.

Twotired, was that a Wild West inspired "H'yaaa" at 1:32
Actually I yelled "C'mon, let's go". I kinda feel like a jerk for yelling at the junior, he got hung up on the rocks right when I felt the need to open the throttle! You might think that I yelled H'yaaa judging by how he kicked it into gear. He flat out disappeared after that. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments Dirtyboy, looked like you were hauling butt as per norm in your video. :nworthy:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

thirtyseven the battery lasts about 2.5 hrs so I have a bit of the 2nd loop but it's all boring since I was riding by myself all the time. There was little more action past the quick edit but not much. Not worth making up another video.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

dirtyboy wrote:thirtyseven the battery lasts about 2.5 hrs so I have a bit of the 2nd loop but it's all boring since I was riding by myself all the time. There was little more action past the quick edit but not much. Not worth making up another video.
Darn. That was soo muuuccchh ffffuuuunnnn!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

Here's a video my wife took of the 30B start (best part of my race :smirk: ).
-Jared
#44b

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

cerealkiller wrote:Here's a video my wife took of the 30B start (best part of my race :smirk: ).
Hey, I like that chick in the RED hat!!! She looks like marriage material!
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

For my first ever race it went pretty good. Only got lost once and survived 4 good crashes. The course was fantastic, I would be happy riding that any day. I pulled out a tenth in sandbagger (beginner) class. Going to miss Corner Grass but I'll be back at it for the Shale Shaker. Results are up here if you haven't seen them yet.
http://www.amsamx.com/2015-bar-code-results.html
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Shelby T 2nd overall in the B's. What a fricken ripper she is. :nworthy:
Last edited by erniebearskin on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikeless....

SkipROFABlue1
User
User

Post by SkipROFABlue1 »

Thank You Fenel73. :nworthy: I was loosing sleep waiting for these. I could smell your exhaust when I crossed the line. I was 11th. My first race and it was a riot. :D :cheers:

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

I really enjoyed riding the Yamaha YZ250FX on the sweet singletrack that they have in the porcupine hills. This is my favorite place to ride that I have ridden because of the relatively open flowing trails that a guy can get some speed on and just cruise along.

I found that riding a gear high helped to take some of the hit away when cracking the throttle off the bottom, but often got caught using this technique bogging down when the terrain quickly changed and I was in too high of a gear. A little clutch action and some throttle usually got the RPMs back up into the proper range.

I don't particularly like the vibration felt in the top half to third of a gear but found it wasn't felt that much if you pull through the gear and shift to the next. Hanging out in that higher RPM range made my hands tingle and just felt hard on the bike.

Here's a little more porkies on the Yamaha..

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

I see a few names on the podium of B class that should have pointed out last year. Just curious, is CMRC no longer enforcing this or have they ever enforced it?
Bikeless....

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

They do compare times to the A riders. If the times of the last place A rider in the class is still seriously faster than that of a B rider (10-20 minutes difference) I do not think they can move them without complaints. But if you clean up a few years in a row I think you get moved no matter what.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

That makes sense, it would suck to be moved up and be placing DFL. Thanks.
Bikeless....

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

There is a mandatory advancement points structure in place, see the rule book. If you gain more advancement points than threshold points you must move up. Too bad if you're DFL, you are no longer eligible to race that class. This only applies to one individual in 40B right now. I'm not sure why anyone would race another year in the B class, that's not very sportsmanlike. I'm thinking that the competition committee will move this individual to the A class soon because he doesn't appear to have the testicular fortitude to take the leap on his own. :eek:

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Wowza, don't hold back there TT. :smirk:

I actually saw a couple of names that based on the points criteria should have been moved up. What sparked this conversation for me is we had a fella in the Dirtwise School last week who advised us that he chose to stay in B even thou he formerly raced in A because he could "take it easy, not kill himself and have a fun race".

The dude was pretty darn fast, and as you can imagine Shane Watts gave it to him pretty good, basically telling him (and everyone else within earshot) that he hung back in B so he could cruise and still trophy (which he did at Race1) while other guys in the class are leaving it all out there and killing themselves for a 10th.....

Im certainly not trying to call out or flame anyone as this guy in question seemed like a super nice guy, it just had me questioning the overall process.
Bikeless....