2015 Alberta Offroad Racing

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2015 Alberta Offroad Racing

Post by twotired »

A racer that I know mentioned there may only be 6 CMRC races in 2015.

I can't find any details anywhere. Anyone have any info?

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2015 Alberta Offroad Racing

Post by Grimlock »

I heard the same. If it is indeed true, it will be a good opportunity to race in the CMA as well without scheduling conflicts between the two series.

Less rounds may increase rider turnout as well.

Hopefully the CXCC West schedule is released soon. Really looking forward to racing in B.C. again.

:cheers:
#826A

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

CMRC race schedule for 2015 is up on the AMSA website.

http://www.amsamx.com/news-for-2015.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CXCC West schedule is up as well.

http://worldendurocanada.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the 2015 season will be excellent! Super happy Shale Shaker is still on the calendar. Good to see the LMC step up with the CXCC West and keeping the Crowsnest race alive!

#826A

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

That schedule looks wicked. I for one am excited for the "lighter" schedule as it will free up weekends for Mclean camping and trail maintenance days :thumbsup:

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Thanks for the link Grimlock. I have trouble with AMSA's website so here's the schedule for anyone else who can't see it on their site.

CMRC
Round 1 May 16/17th Porkies XC
Round 2 June 6/7th Corner Grass EX
Round 3 July 4/5th Shale Shaker XC
Round 4 July 25/26th Vega HS
Round 5 August 15/16th RMDRA Dirtier Moose XC
Round 6 September 5th Mountain Goat 100 HS

CXCC
Round 1(HS) and 2(XC) June 27/28th Lytton Monkey Wrench
Round 3(HS) and 4(XC) September 5/6th Mountain Goat 100 Blairmore

I like the looks of this schedule too. Corner Grass and Shale Shaker are new to me as well as the CXCC races.

Anyone been to Lytton? What kind of riding is it? Also what is the CXCC format?

Edit: Added Round 6
Last edited by twotired on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

No riviere's revenge? Sad to not see it on the schedule. I enjoyed those HS.
#Z3B

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

axel99 wrote:No riviere's revenge? Sad to not see it on the schedule. I enjoyed those HS.
Riviere's May 10/11

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

MtnBlue wrote:
axel99 wrote:No riviere's revenge? Sad to not see it on the schedule. I enjoyed those HS.
Riviere's May 10/11[/quote

oops sorry the link above takes you to the 2014 race schedule, although their drop down bar says 2015 :confused:

Ahamay
User
User

Post by Ahamay »

twotired wrote:Thanks for the link Grimlock. I have trouble with AMSA's website so here's the schedule for anyone else who can't see it on their site.

CMRC

CXCC

I like the looks of this schedule too. Corner Grass and Shale Shaker are new to me as well as the CXCC races.

Round six CMRC is also part of the mountain goat weekend. Looks like it is the H/S on the 5th.

For the mods. If you have to continually 'approve' my posts this will be my last post on your forum ever, and your club will not see any continued support from me monetarily or otherwise. And yes I have been a paid member in the past. You seem to have the most militant rules or something. Not like any other forum on the whole internet.?? After you read this you can and should delete it prior to posting in your race section.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

MtnBlue wrote:
MtnBlue wrote:
oops sorry the link above takes you to the 2014 race schedule, although their drop down bar says 2015 :confused:
I have trouble with the AMSA site at work, can't see the 2015 stuff but I can at home. Not sure what the deal is, that's why I posted the schedule above.

Yes too bad Riviere's isn't on the schedule this year, it was fun. I hope they are back next year.

Also sad not to see the Porkies HS...and the Crowsnest XC. I'm looking forward to the CXCC in September in it's place though.

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

No Riviere's for 2015. No Twisted Sprocket either. I was told that Riviere's could be back in 2016. Not sure about the Twisted Sprocket though. It was an awesome race the two years I went. I couldn't attend in 2014 unfortunately, but the previous two years attendance was low. It was on the same weekend as Moose Mountain for 2013 and 2014 which made it tough as well.
twotired wrote:Thanks for the link Grimlock. I have trouble with AMSA's website so here's the schedule for anyone else who can't see it on their site.

CMRC

CXCC

I raced in Lytton last year. It is a great area to ride. Bring an extra air filter though as it is usually dry and dusty. As far as terrain goes, it is not as technical as what we have out here. The speeds on some of the wider sections were unreal. I was completely tapped in 6th gear (my EC250 is geared quite low for the terrain here in Alberta) and guys were blowing by me like I was standing still and giving me gravel showers. The singletrack sections flow quite well and were fun to ride, even after smashing my ribs in a wreck during the Sunday race. There is quite a bit of helmet cam footage on YouTube if you search "Monkey Wrench 100, Lytton". They even threw in a bit of a test section for the XC on the Sunday. The mud pit laced with old dirtbike tires sucked. :lol:

CXCC format changed from 2013 to 2014. In 2013 it was four separate rounds by four separate clubs, two in B.C. and two in Alberta. In 2014 they went to four races put on by two clubs on two weekends. Harescramble on Saturday followed by a Cross Country on Sunday. You just show up, buy a license and race just like you would here in Alberta. Race numbers and colours aren't an issue since you don't even have to run them in the PNWMA. You get an RFID chip that goes under your visor and you are scanned automatically as you pass through the tent. Makes it interesting when you hear guys (and in my case, girls :lol: ) coming up behind you and you can't figure out if you should let them by.

All in all, the West Coast Dirt Riders put on a spectacular event. The area is amazing to ride and the people are great. It isn't as tough as some of our races and all in all, the PNWMA has a bit of a different philosophy when it comes to their races. I think a few of the B.C. guys get a good shock to the system when they go from a race like the Monkey Wrench to one like Shale Shaker. :lol:
twotired wrote:
I have trouble with the AMSA site at work, can't see the 2015 stuff but I can at home. Not sure what the deal is, that's why I posted the schedule above.
That is most likely because they upload their documents to Scribd instead of to the website itself. I know that most workplaces block it for some reason.

#826A

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

When does CMA usually release their schedule?
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Grimlock wrote:
I raced in Lytton last year. It is a great area to ride. Bring an extra air filter though as it is usually dry and dusty. As far as terrain goes, it is not as technical as what we have out here. The speeds on some of the wider sections were unreal. I was completely tapped in 6th gear (my EC250 is geared quite low for the terrain here in Alberta) and guys were blowing by me like I was standing still and giving me gravel showers. The singletrack sections flow quite well and were fun to ride, even after smashing my ribs in a wreck during the Sunday race. There is quite a bit of helmet cam footage on YouTube if you search "Monkey Wrench 100, Lytton". They even threw in a bit of a test section for the XC on the Sunday. The mud pit laced with old dirtbike tires sucked. :lol:

CXCC format changed from 2013 to 2014. In 2013 it was four separate rounds by four separate clubs, two in B.C. and two in Alberta. In 2014 they went to four races put on by two clubs on two weekends. Harescramble on Saturday followed by a Cross Country on Sunday. You just show up, buy a license and race just like you would here in Alberta. Race numbers and colours aren't an issue since you don't even have to run them in the PNWMA. You get an RFID chip that goes under your visor and you are scanned automatically as you pass through the tent. Makes it interesting when you hear guys (and in my case, girls :lol: ) coming up behind you and you can't figure out if you should let them by.

All in all, the West Coast Dirt Riders put on a spectacular event. The area is amazing to ride and the people are great. It isn't as tough as some of our races and all in all, the PNWMA has a bit of a different philosophy when it comes to their races. I think a few of the B.C. guys get a good shock to the system when they go from a race like the Monkey Wrench to one like Shale Shaker. :lol:
I watched some helmet cam from The Monkey Wrench, it looks like riding in the Porkies...which is awesome! :dblthumb: I'm planning to make it out to Lytton for this years races.

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

Fenel73 wrote:When does CMA usually release their schedule?
I believe they were waiting for this to be released before finalizing it
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

If you look on the News for 2015 page >> http://www.amsamx.com/news-for-2015.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; >> there is a 2015 schedule listed there. :applause: