2015 Supercross

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2015 Supercross

Post by Dave P »

JS7 suspended by the FIA for all of 2015.

Thats a bummer to start off the season.

And if you didnt see, Adam C is out for the season due to shoulder injuries from Europe.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2015 Supercross

Post by Dave P »

450 Class:
GEICO Honda: Eli Tomac
Notes: The two rider GEICO 450 team, which included Tomac and Wil Hahn, last year, has been trimmed to just Tomac for 2015.

American Honda: Trey Canard, Cole Seely
Notes: Canard signed an extension this year, which will keep him with Honda through 2016. Seely and Honda agreed to a multi-year deal in August.

Yoshimura Suzuki: Blake Baggett

RCH/Soaring Eagle Suzuki: Ken Roczen and Brock Tickle

Red Bull KTM: Ryan Dungey, Dean Wilson

BTOSports KTM: Justin Brayton, Andrew Short

Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna: Jason Anderson

Toyota/JGR Yamaha: Justin Barcia, Weston Peick

Monster Energy Kawasaki: Davi Millsaps and Wil Hahn

TwoTwo Motorsports: Chad Reed and Josh Reed

SmarTop/MotoConcepts: Mike Alessi

Mafia Moto: Nick Wey

250 Class:

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki
Arnaud Tonus
Chris Alldredge
Tyler Bowers
Joey Savatgy

GEICO Honda
Mookie Fever
Justin Bogle
RJ Hampshire
Matt Bisceglia
Jordon Smith

Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna
#47 Martin Davalos
#16 Zach Osborne
#44 Zach Bell

Red Bull KTM
#25 Marvin Musquin
#32 Justin Hill

Lucas Oil/Troy Lee Designs KTM
#40 Shane McElrath
#28 Jessy Nelson
#97 Darryn Durham

Yamalube/Star Racing Yamaha
Status
2014 Brand
2015 Brand

#1/#6 Jeremy Martin
#17 Cooper Webb
TBD Aaron Plessinger
#62 Anthony Rodriguez

Will keep updating as more details come out.

And dont worry, the best rider in the field is back this year on his own program on a yammy.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Maybe JS7 will retire from racing and focus on his gear company and maybe open some high priced training and development facility.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Rightfully so, the AMA is not happy.

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

Thanks for posting all this info. :thumbsup: It would be a shame for Stewart not to be on the starting gates this season...

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

While I think there should be a punishment for cheating, 16 months seems like a LONG penalty for MX racers. The peak of their career might only last 4-5 years.

Given that James is probably in the twilight years of his career, it seems entirely possible that this penalty will end it. :crybaby:
-Jared
#44b

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

16 months seems harsh to me. 2015 was to be Stewy's last year, so this could be lights out. 4 or 5 races and a steep fine is more fitting to the crime. Alot of people want the AMA to drop the FIM from the series and let James race, ( esp considering it doesn't go outside the US anymore - Toronto got dropped ) but it go's much deeper than just Supercross because you need the FIM affiliation with ISDE, Trials, MXdN, etc etc.
This is a "be careful what you wish for " They wanted to bring in more Corp sponsors by incorporating drug testing and making the sport more legit, but..... I don't think they were prepared and/or realized they were going to lose some of the stars in this process. Just wait until some up and coming superstar that just gets signed to a factory team gets banned for two years after smoking weed or guzzling a bottle of NyQuil before a race because their sick.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Since the FIM ruling yesterday in which James Stewart was suspended for sixteen months, retroactive to April, we had yet to hear from James himself. That changed earlier today when James posted a long update on Instagram. In the post, James says that he contemplated retirement after the decision, but the fans' reactions have changed his mind. Check out the full statement below.

"The last 8 months have been very tough & honestly devastating to a degree. The Love & support Ive received from the industry & my sponsors has been truly amazing. They're has been a lot of athletes very vocal over this decision & I truly appreciate it tremendously. I'm extremely sorry that it's come down to this but it has shown me just how much this industry stands up for each other through tough situations. To my fans... I'm not gonna lie after receiving this devastating news last Friday, I was honestly contemplating retiring, I felt like I couldn't fight anymore. This situation has taken a toll on me. But The support from you the fans this last 24hrs has had me nearly in tears. Reading the comments & seeing all the overwhelming letters, signs, shirts, etc has made me ready to fight & show you the fans & my sponsors what you deserve. Thanks to all of you Im gonna be around for a long time to come. Your support showed me how much you guys appreciate me so with that being said, it's gonna take a lot more then this to run me off. Thank you for literally keeping me on my bike for years to come. The louder you guys are, the more it makes me ready to be back for you. I hear you loud & clear so no matter what you will see me behind the gate doing what I love hopefully sooner than later"

Wangchung
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Wangchung »

Another thing that is no good. The TV schedule, the only one carrying the coverage is Speed Canada.
Unfortunately, only Shaw cable has Speed Channel, Telus Optik/Rogers/Bell does not.
I really don't think its worth switching from Telus to Shaw in my house.
2018 Husqvarna TX300
2014 KTM 450 SXF FE
2014 KX500 (KTM 350 frame)
2011 KTM 350 XCF (for sale)
2005 KTM 525 MXC
2002 CR500 (CRF450 frame)
1981 YZ465

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Thankfully I am on Shaw.
I was looking forward to watching Bubba dominate, but I guess that will have to wait until 2016.
I have my flights and hotel booked for A2, and am working on a good reason to be in Houston for work for that round....

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Dobi wrote:Thankfully I am on Shaw.
I am not :crybaby: ...................yet. :thinking:

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Wangchung wrote:I really don't think its worth switching from Telus to Shaw in my house.

What made it worse, is Telus just one day cancelled airing speed. No notice or anything.

I have shaw coming Jan 3rd to replace telus in my household. Aside from Hockey, SX is the only thing I watch, and I cant stand waiting till Sunday to watch haha. Easy choice in my house hold.

Ronnie Mac Vs Travis Pastrana:
http://racerxonline.com/2014/12/22/ronn ... s-pastrana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Seems to me that Stewart got shafted. While I'm not his biggest fan, I hope he's there for A1. He's grown on me quite a bit over the past 2 years.

Hard not to like the names Aldon Baker is working with:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Bubba out?
Now who am i supposed to hate? :lol:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Updated 450 and 250 Team/Rider List:

http://racerxonline.com/2014/12/29/250- ... team-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;