CMA HS #2 - Fallen Timber

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Re: CMA HS #2 - Fallen Timber

Post by erniebearskin »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/efcvbx3e2t69 ... E/SATURDAY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mitch has the results & laps up.
Bikeless....

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

Awesome. Thanks for posting that Bryan.

We can see how we stack up to the intermediates using the lap times for the 1st and 3rd loops.

Looks like top 5 guys in intermediates had ~34-38 minute 1st laps and ~35-39 minute 3rd laps. Both of our first laps were our slowest (presumably as we worked through traffic), so leaving out lap 1, you were averaging 36.33 mins/lap and I was averaging 35.85... certainly seems like we could be in the mix!

Com'on Bryan, intermediate next time! :D
-Jared
#44b

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

I just noticed Bryan, you were only 3 seconds behind 3rd place!
-Jared
#44b

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

HAHA, no Ill do my next one again in Novice and see how I fare,

Last season in Novice I went:
Rd 1: Missed
Rd 2: 8/17
Rd 3: 6/9
Rd 4: 6/10
Rd 5: 10/15

When I said this is my best showing ever.....I meant it!

I want to see if Im actually improving or just got lucky getting in front of the pack :)

Regardless of the results Im having an absolute blast racing and suggest any of you fellow club members reading this wondering if its for you to come out and give it a try it.

The entire Second Gear Club/CMA race crowd is a fantastic group of folks who go out of there way to ensure people are having fun. I have less experience with the CMRC events but suspect they are similar. :headbang:

Next race is August 2nd again at Fallen Timber.
Bikeless....

blackchrome
User
User

Post by blackchrome »

cerealkiller wrote:Awesome. Thanks for posting that Bryan.

We can see how we stack up to the intermediates using the lap times for the 1st and 3rd loops.

Looks like top 5 guys in intermediates had ~34-38 minute 1st laps and ~35-39 minute 3rd laps. Both of our first laps were our slowest (presumably as we worked through traffic), so leaving out lap 1, you were averaging 36.33 mins/lap and I was averaging 35.85... certainly seems like we could be in the mix!

Com'on Bryan, intermediate next time! :D
i would have to second this move up!!, give some of the hopeless newbies like me a chance. :D

Jonny5
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Jonny5 »

Seriously, Jared I would wait, dominate the class for awhile. Then let Bryan know it after every race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next year they can force you up.
Jon G.
2018 KTM 350XCF

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Jonny5 wrote: Then let Bryan know it after every race. :lol: :lol:
Preferably in a public forum... :smirk:
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Feel free to come join us in Intermediate :) There was only 17 of us for Fallen Timber, usually it is much more then that so come join the fun!

Also my personal two cents is CMRC and CMA are nothing like either other.
CMRC is much more competitive and the competition is much harder because of that. It is all about the racing and not about the event (read: riding/getting together).
CMA is much more about the event and family then it is about the competition, it is all about making friends and having a fun event while still being competitive to some degree.

I race both but Intermediate in CMRC I hope for a top ten finish, in CMA I hope for a top 3 finish. Last comment about the differences is that CMA races all tend to have a nice flow to them (with some exceptions to some fresh clear cut log areas we have to go through), there will always be a challenge but nothing you couldn't think of doing. Last CMRC race (Shale Shaker) twice I came to a section that had a lineup of 4-5 guys in front of me waiting for a chance at a climb....took this quote from Alberta Dirt Riders about Shale Shaker "...if you ask the top riders they will say THE toughest in Canada. It kept some riders away and attracted many others looking to take on the challenge. Riders raced up, down and across the mountains for two days with some sections requiring sweep riders to use long ropes and grappling hooks to help some racers over a few of the summit sections" No Joke...(Although thankfully I was able to make it with some tips from Rick who was waiting in the lineup behind me).

I enjoy both but they are very different from each other I feel.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Thanks for the vid!

Looks like great riding conditions for a race.

Your *** must be swore after all that sitting! =)

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

Jonny5 wrote:Seriously, Jared I would wait, dominate the class for awhile. Then let Bryan know it after every race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next year they can force you up.
I recommend moving up regardless.....don't need to be top dog unless it was a challenge to do so. Setting your goals for the "A" class eventually leads to grade A competition and more bang for your buck. In the end it isn't always about winning, it is about setting your own goals and have fun.
CR250R

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

Did anyone gps the 'a' loop? I want to ride it Sunday.

Or anyone want to give me a quick tour Sunday am?
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"