New to area, want to RACE.

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Bergey

New to area, want to RACE.

Post by Bergey »

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to AB, and live in Calgary.
I did XC/hare scrambles racing back in Ontario, and was a semi pro road racer for 7 years.
I'm looking to get back into XC racing out here.

Which organizations run racing series? I know RMDR does some, but can't find a great deal of information on it.
I would like to know everybody that runs races in about a 4hr radius of Calgary.
I'm done with chasing points in a series, now I'm a parent and more about getting out when I can working around my family schedule, but I'm still very competitve at heart, so looking to compete still. So whatever dates happen to be avialble is important to me now.

Also looking to hook up with some people to learn where to ride good single track. I would like to learn some more trials/hard enduro skills. I see RMDR has a group meet up, but not sure that's going to go to some knraly stuff?

Thanks
Bergey

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New to area, want to RACE.

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Welcome Bergey,

Here are some good links to the race series around here...

http://albertamotorsportsassociation.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - CMRC Series

http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/harescrambles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - CMA Series

As for learning the gnarly stuff - Join the RMDRA and join us for a club ride. Great place to meet lots of people to ride with and learn where all the great single track is.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

Believe me, we have gnarly terrain here. You may not get a ton of it on your first ride with us, but after you've proven yourself, you can encounter some pretty serious stuff. You'll get your $40 worth, and more...
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

Bergey wrote:Also looking to hook up with some people to learn where to ride good single track. I would like to learn some more trials/hard enduro skills. I see RMDR has a group meet up, but not sure that's going to go to some knraly stuff?

Thanks
Bergey
Welcome! Two suggestions:
1) Join up, come to Club Night tomorrow, and give McLean Creek a try to calibrate your gnarly-meter.
2) If you want gnarlier, come to Porcupine Hills on Saturday morning for the Hare Scramble. The wise bring a fresh rear tire!

Drop me a PM, I was in your spot two years ago and now am a racing fool - my wife just did her first endurocross on the weekend!

Looking forward to riding with you!
RJH
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350