West Sharples Race Poster

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

West Sharples Race Poster

Post by dirtyboy »

The 1st race poster has been posted at ADRA. :banana:

http://www.albertadirtriders.com/hareevents.htm

Scroll down to see it, with directions.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

It doesn't mention camping. Is there any camping available at the site and is it easily accesible? The wife would be pretty choked if I drug the new trailer where I used to pull the old one (or be pulled :excuse: )

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I'll be camping there with my trailer.

It looks like it is in a different place than last year. It says 2KM down a dirt trail. I'm not sure about that but camping is for sure. It will be random camping there. Every race has camping. It's part of it. :thumbsup:

Dobi, are you coming down to the race? :cool:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I have sent my money away to CMRC and plan on being there on Sunday. I am not certain if I will camp or not. My home is just out of Longview so I really am not too far to drive down for the day. It will be my first race so you will have to be gentle with me.

I am waiting for the CMRC to issue my number though. I can hardly wait to try and stick numbers on the beloved KTM side panels!!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

That's what I have heard.

Please see my announcement

I'm still waiting for the ADRA web page to confirm, but I'm not planning to go with this much snow. At least not for camping :eek:[/url]

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Where is West Sharples?? :excuse: What's the terrain like there? Thinking about doing my first race.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

It is south on the 22 almost to the # 3. It is the west side of Porcupine Hills. The terrain is foothills but not very rocky. It has good dirt that will expose slippery tree roots with use. It is a good first race location.

I think the race is postposed due to the latest weather conditions.

It'd be great to see you out MtnBlue. :canada:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Thanks DB, been thinking about doing some races for a while now. Is there an over 40 not too fast, have to get up for work on Monday class :D :D . I heard someone say that the classes have changed a bit this year. Beginner or Vet Junior ( I do ride alot during the season, just never raced before)

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I'd have to recommend Vet Junior. The class is pretty small and it starts ahead of Junior and Beginner so the trail will be mostly clear for you. That's a lot better than trying to get up a hill with 6 bikes and riders littering the hill. The Junior's do pass some or all of the Vet Juniors but the guys that are this fast know how to ride and pass unlike some more inexperienced riders. Having the Juniors behind is sometimes good motivation to ride a little faster or to keep going a little longer.

Vet Junior is 40+, and the slow speed, lucky to make it 2 hours, and have to work on Monday, or Tuesday.

I race Vet Junior, so it can't be too bad. :thumbsup:

Andy
User
User

Post by Andy »

MtnBlue wrote:Thanks DB, been thinking about doing some races for a while now. Is there an over 40 not too fast, have to get up for work on Monday class :D :D . I heard someone say that the classes have changed a bit this year. Beginner or Vet Junior ( I do ride alot during the season, just never raced before)

Dirt boy is right, Vet Juniors is a good starting point for age 40+ riders. I did half juniors and half vet juniors last year and I had more fun in the vet Juniors simply because there are less people in it and the guys are generally more laid back about the whole racing scene. Honestly I think a lot of the guys are like me and just do the racing to find some new trails and fast trail riding in a safe and organised way, so I would go with the Vet juniors if I was you. Hope to see you there on the start line!! I will be the guy with the hockey body armour from Crappy tire and the walmart riding shirt!!! Give it a go, I bet you will be hooked by the end of the season. :cheers:

edit: If you go to www.secondgearclub.com there is a list of every race.
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11