H/S and X/C race format

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

At the CMRC races that I do (Alberta Dirt Riders) the kids and beginner ladies race on Saturday and the big boys (like Vet Juniors) and Expert Ladies always race on Sunday. :D

Are you planning to go to West Sharpless on May 1?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i will if i can get the bike together in time. Maclean opens up and we do an annnual trail ride there with 4 wheels :D
Thanks for the info!
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Some events split up the Beginners, Juniors, Vet Juniors , Seniors and Ladies in the morning and the Intermediates, Vet Masters, and Pros after. This works good on short courses as we don't get in the "fast guys" way. I just realized that in 2 years I will be riding the Senior class, man I'm getting old! :(
Claude

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

:cripple:
Spinalguy,
The Vet juniors and the juniors run sunday. Typically the only classes that run saturday are the kids and the beginner ladies. Sometimes the juniors, vet juniors and ladies A will run sunday morning and the "higher" classes in the afternoon.
Tom you are good enough to run junior, but they can be pretty aggressive sometimes and a very large class.
Hope to see you out.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks Dirtgirl!

i think i will do Vet Junior. i will let the field take off first and than i will ride> This strategy will allow me to see how it all plays out.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Good strategy :thumbsup:

I used that strategy a few years ago until I thought I was ready to race to the first corner. I recommend it as a low stress way to get started. Once the field is racing it's a lot more polite out there. Most guys will yell at you to move over if they are lapping you which helps out us 4 stroke riders from riding into the passer. I will pull over for anyone who appears faster than me. :cheers: