2014 Porkies XC

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2014 Porkies XC

Post by axel99 »

erniebearskin wrote:If its wet & running, Ill be crossing my fingers that B classers only have to do the B loop, I think the two loopers have a fuel stop between A & B loops.
You need to do both loops for the full Porkies effect :D

Maybe they will put a cutoff time on the second loop for the B riders, nice to have the option if you make the time and still have the gas. The organizers are really good about desiging a challaging but rideable race course rain or shine.
#Z3B

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Can't remember how early I left last year.....about 1:45, from South Calgary?
Bikeless....

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Well.......that was humbling.....here's how my day went.

Morning started off on the wrong foot as I realized I didn't bring any cash about 10 minutes from the staging area, thankfully Renee Turner is a saint. First few kM's I was feeling great, had a bad crash on the downhill skating rink and found out I can do the splits. Pulled a total squid move and went off trail on a side hill, ended up down in a little gully for what seemed like an eternity, after 8 or 9 attempts I finally made it out, now mentally and physically beaten I'm shaken and struggling with every little root.....have a 3rd gear dismount around 25kM's in. Lay there and contemplate if I should just wait for the sweeper to bury me. Decide to take a breather and eat a gel pack and drink some water. Feeling better, last 10k are awesome. Missed the cut-off.....by a lot. :smirk:

No serious injuries, no serious bike damage, just ego bruised.

Despite all of the above, I had a great time, the scenery is fantastic and the race was well flagged and well organized. Congrats to all the other RMDRA's who competed and finished the full race.

And thanks John Bader and the rest of his crew. :canada: :cheers:
Bikeless....

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

2014 Porkies XC RESULTS

Post by KanadianIceMan »

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

:thumbsup: nice work to everyone. I look forward to the pictures. :canada:
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

I had an absolute blast at the race! Did both loops, had a few issues on the first half of the first loop then got it together and had a decent second loop.

Big shout out to all involved in putting on a great event :thumbsup:

Good riding, good weather, good company made for a fun weekend for the whole family. :applause: