Riviere's Revenge

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Ahamay
User
User

Riviere's Revenge

Post by Ahamay »

We'll I got the opportunity to help out with flagging and other duties for the race next weekend and am absolutely amazed that they didn't get any of this last big snowfall at his place and surrounding farms/acrages. This race is going to be mint with just bits and pieces of rain over the last while to keep dust down and traction tacky!
With the bad spring we've had so far I'm really looking forward to it! For those of you who don't know the race is only 2 hours south of Calgary and is a really good time.
See you there.
Last edited by Ahamay on Mon May 05, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Re: Riviere's Revenge

Post by MarkyMark »

Ahamay: Thank you for the update, with all the snow in Calgary I was not sure what the conditions would be like. Looking forward to a fun race!

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Well, I guess my prayers for a postponement went unanswered. :lol:

Doesn't look like my rear shock for my GasGas will be back in time for this weekend. Looks like I will be the dude trying to survive the EX section on my old, beat up KLX. Should be good for a laugh. :lol:

:cheers:
#826A

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Grimlock: yeah but think about how great the rest of the ride is going to be. I mean 90% of that race is open you can just sit on the KLX and let it be the couch it was designed to be! I bet it is a perfect bike for this race..... a 150 that I have on those open sections trying to keep up with the guys on 450's will be a fun challenge....

Canuck44

Post by Canuck44 »

Looking forward to this one. Never been to a cmrc race I am 1/3 back in the pack novice in the cma races what class should I go in 30b or intermediate, guessing junior is for kids

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Canuck44 wrote:Looking forward to this one. Never been to a cmrc race I am 1/3 back in the pack novice in the cma races what class should I go in 30b or intermediate, guessing junior is for kids
You should probably race 30B. Intermediate is the last class before pro! :crazy:

Junior is very competitive and not just for kids, but the top juniors move up to intermediate then potentially on to pro.
Generally us older guys race the B class for our age with the possibility of moving up to the much faster A class...some of us will never make it. :)

Canuck44

Post by Canuck44 »

twotired wrote:
You should probably race 30B. Intermediate is the last class before pro! :crazy:
30B it is, are they pretty formal with numbers on the bike with the right colours for class?

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Yes, it isn't fair to your competitors if you don't identify your class.

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

On this topic I love what CMA (read: second gear club) did with the helmet stickers.
Basically when you sign into your class they provide you with a number plate sticker for the back of your helmet with the correct colour code of your class, and with three letters indicating your class INT=intermedate JUN = Junior etc.....this way when you are coming up behind someone you can see if they are in your class or not and "kindly ask them if they would move to the side slightly" :smirk:

Saves costs from those guys that only do 1-3 races a year and don't feel like shelling out the money for numbers/backgrounds.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Weather looked really sketchy south of Longview in the morning(3" of snow I almost turned around). Clint runs the Pro, Int and A classes in the morning and the other classes in the afternoon. It was very slick in the morning, watching 'A' riders struggle on some of the hills made we wonder how I was going to do. The light rain/snow stopped for the afternoon and 2 or 3 of the harder hill sections were taken out of the course. I guess Clint was in a good mood and decided to show some mercy. The full enduro cross was still in play for the afternoon. It was a tough course but all very ride able. Seemed like a large number of pros attended, made for some good spectating on the endurocross in the morning.

Shout out to Clint and all the volunteers for hosting the race and the riders that braved the inclement weather.

Riviere's Revenge was another epic event :thumbsup:
#Z3B

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

:applause:

Agreed Axel99 fun race!
Triple clamp came off my bike on lap two though and I didn't get to finish. :thumbsdown:
See you guys next Saturday

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Any chance anyone knows who the photographer was at the race? Does she have a site?
She had dreadlocks from what I remember.

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

MarkyMark wrote:Any chance anyone knows who the photographer was at the race? Does she have a site?
She had dreadlocks from what I remember.
Her name is Wendy. Her website is: http://www.kaptive8photo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:cheers:
#826A

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Thank you sir.