2013 race results

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2013 race results

Post by AJRJ »

Here they are for those that are curious

http://albertamotorsportsassociation.we ... sults.html

You can download the PDF right below the first poster.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2013 race results

Post by thirtyseven »

Congrats to all!!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

:applause: Congratulations guys! :nworthy: :canada:

It appears that overall participation in the series is down a bit this year... how do we reverse this trend? :thinking:

It's good to see the number of DNF's shrinking at most races, that's a good start..

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

twotired wrote::applause: Congratulations guys! :nworthy: :canada:

It appears that overall participation in the series is down a bit this year... how do we reverse this trend? :thinking:

It's good to see the number of DNF's shrinking at most races, that's a good start..
I think alot of it has to do with the schedule changing a couple times at the beginning of the year. It made for alot of schedule conflicts when we were booked to go racing and than they swapped the schedule around making that a rushed Maclean weekend. Race the men on the Saturdays so we dont have to drive home from far away places bagged. Race ladies B and Kids on the Sunday Am! Overall the races we attended this year were well set up and it was an overall great experience for myself and for my wife who is a newbie at racing every race we went to she had a great time!

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

twotired wrote::applause: Congratulations guys! :nworthy: :canada:

I think there were a lot of folks that had those years that nothing seemed to work out.... Saw a lot of names with only one race.
Making races "easier" only does two things... makes the lily livered search for another excuse, and makes for more high speed injuries.

Believe me, easy slack races have less turn out than epic races. We all have to drive long distances to compete in Alberta.... Who would drive to Grande Prairie to ride a lame course? Who would drive down to Crowsnest to do 8km loop of Quad trail??? yup very few.

The CMRC series in Alberta, is a really special series. It contains trails and terrain that many dirtbikers only dream about as a "lifetime trip". The majority of races are set up to reward some technical skill, and some speed. They demand some fitness (many series in the US have Cs doing 1 hr, Bs doing 1 1/2, As doing 2hrs who would drive 3-4 hrs for a 1 hr race?).

They are also very forgiving.... there is so much course and so few riders that bottlenecks are rare, and if you decide to take it easy and have a trailride on a marked course you are more likely to be thanked by a Pro than run over by abunch of lunatics....

We have it good. Go do an offroad race in ont, or Que... you'll be thinking "who would spend money to ride here?"
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Like :thumbsup:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

I agree with the wise Thirtyseven. I often wish I wasn't racing so I could take my time on some of the courses. They're truly outstanding.

I think the race scene can be intimidating for the first time racer.

Bottom line, if it's not fun, no one is going to make the effort to drive anywhere. There needs to be a balance.

Racing is critical to our sport and benefits everyone whether you race or not. It's a place for industry to advertise and to show SRD and the public that we need access to these riding area's. The more participants we have racing, the more valuable it is.

I think back starting out; it was the unknown that intimidated me. Getting lost, breaking down, getting hurt, getting in the way. Just trying to find the races can be a challenge and finding someone to drive with. Is there going to be an outhouse there, is there going to be food or water etc....

The more races can be just about the riding then the more appealing it becomes.
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

ThitySeven I idoize you :lol:

Seriously...don't turn down the difficulty level of the CMRC series. I am not really a racer but I go to a couple of races each year for 2 reasons:
1. The CMRC series courses covers trails and terrain I like to ride, so its like a self guided ride just less stopping.
2. I try hard to improve my skills and fitness and the best way to measure my personal improvement and set new goals is to compete in a few races.

I 'll continue to support a difficult CMRC HS/XC series. :thumbsup:
#Z3B

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

thirtyseven wrote:Making races "easier" only does two things... makes the lily livered search for another excuse, and makes for more high speed injuries.

Believe me, easy slack races have less turn out than epic races. We all have to drive long distances to compete in Alberta.... Who would drive to Grande Prairie to ride a lame course? Who would drive down to Crowsnest to do 8km loop of Quad trail??? yup very few.
As a back of the pack 30B rider (that never should have left Beginner :lol:), I tend to enjoy the more technical terrain over the faster stuff. I also prefer XC's to Harescrambles for the most part, although the EX sections at Riviere's, The Twisted Sprocket and the test section at Vega are some of the most fun I have ever had on two wheels.

Shale Shaker was my absolute favorite race this year. It destroyed my bike and beat me up pretty bad, but making it back to the tent was the highlight of my year, even though it took me over five hours and I had to team up with two other riders to finish. The Dirty Moose was a close second, but a DNF for the second year in a row was tough to swallow.

Racing should be challenging both mentally and physically. Obviously what is very challenging to me wouldn't make a Pro break a sweat, although I am not sure what Pro would call Shale Shaker or The Piston Run "easy". Keep the tough stuff in the mix. It has made me a much better rider over two seasons of racing (I still suck :lol:) and I am already super excited for 2014. I already have some challenges in my sights, starting with that tire wall at Riviere's.

:cheers:
#826A

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Grimlock wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:Making races "easier" only does two things... makes the lily livered search for another excuse, and makes for more high speed injuries.

As a back of the pack 30B rider (that never should have left Beginner :lol:), I tend to enjoy the more technical terrain over the faster stuff. I also prefer XC's to Harescrambles for the most part, although the EX sections at Riviere's, The Twisted Sprocket and the test section at Vega are some of the most fun I have ever had on two wheels.

Shale Shaker was my absolute favorite race this year. It destroyed my bike and beat me up pretty bad, but making it back to the tent was the highlight of my year, even though it took me over five hours and I had to team up with two other riders to finish. The Dirty Moose was a close second, but a DNF for the second year in a row was tough to swallow.

Racing should be challenging both mentally and physically. Obviously what is very challenging to me wouldn't make a Pro break a sweat, although I am not sure what Pro would call Shale Shaker or The Piston Run "easy". Keep the tough stuff in the mix. It has made me a much better rider over two seasons of racing (I still suck :lol:) and I am already super excited for 2014. I already have some challenges in my sights, starting with that tire wall at Riviere's.

:cheers:
:thumbsup:
#Z3B

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

I have mixed feelings on this. I enjoy the long cross countries and more technical races but I think we scare away a lot of first timers. Maybe there should be more of a separation of what a Hare scramble and a Cross Country is so that if you want to put on a really tough race make it a little longer and call it a Cross Country and make the Hare Scrambles more flowing (not necessarily real high speed). Just some food for thought.

cycleworks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cycleworks »

I dont really think you can change those definitions.... they are what they are (by that meaning not based on difficulty but more so on the length and style of scoring) Different groups are known for having more difficult races. There are avenues for those that wish to try a "more gentle" approach to racing. I believe the difficulty is (and really should be) 100% up to the organizers, and its up to the rider to decide where they fit. People DO finish all of these races, which proves it is possible, therefore fair game.
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

As long as B loops are handled in an appropriate manner, then most courses should be rideable. As a novice "B" looper I like being challenged on race courses, there is a real sense of accomplishment when finishing a tough race (Porkies XC in the rain this year :crazy: ).

If guys want to go for a nice mellow ride, they dont need to enter a race, part of racing is pushing yourself and your skill set!!
Bikeless....

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

Does anyone have a copy of the results? Them seem to be not avaliable online at this time..
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"