2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Post by dirtyboy »

crazy2wheeler wrote:I'm registered and paid for both weekends! :thumbsup:
So are buying a spark arrester for the 300? The rule that I see about that is holding me back from registering. I've got an email out asking for clarity but I just wonder what your thoughts were on that?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

dirtyboy wrote:
So are buying a spark arrester for the 300? The rule that I see about that is holding me back from registering. I've got an email out asking for clarity but I just wonder what your thoughts were on that?
I bought a cheap used FMF Q for under $80 just for this reason. Last I looked on Ebay there was a Pro-Circuit one local for around $80 new

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The pro-circuit one is for a KTM 125. I don't think that will fit, will it? :confused:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

not sure. There is a lot of years that these things will fit for. The one I saw a while ago was for a 250/300. must have sold..

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

No, the 125 will not fit. The 125 has a smaller stinger.The 200, 250, 300 should all be the same.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

I have a used FMF that fits a 2004 KTM 200 that does NOT fit a 250 or 300.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

dirtyboy wrote:
As I see it Dirtyboy, you need to pass sound test, with or without a S/A. If forestry requires us to us a S/A, then you need one, but the CEC only requires that you pass sound testing.

hope this helps

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

fryguy wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:
As I see it Dirtyboy, you need to pass sound test, with or without a S/A. If forestry requires us to us a S/A, then you need one, but the CEC only requires that you pass sound testing.

hope this helps
Doesn't "forestry" in Alberta technically require us to have a S/A? Is it different in BC? If only "forestry" requires the presence of a S/A, will anyone from the CEC disallow a rider from starting if they are not running a S/A (based on your experience Fry)?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Doesn't "forestry" in Alberta technically require us to have a S/A? Is it different in BC? If only "forestry" requires the presence of a S/A, will anyone from the CEC disallow a rider from starting if they are not running a S/A (based on your experience Fry)?[/quote]

I've clarified this with Clint. sound test only. S/A is a requirement for use in the forestry, but not during events. Our event permit, same as any other offroad evetn in the province, does not specify the use of a spark arrestor. We just all have to be quiet little mice!!!

Clint has been getting a ton of work done with teh event over past few weeks. He has obtained a special permit, allowing us to stage from the Crownest COmmunity Centre, on teh west side of Blairemore, and exit town using municiple roads into the forestry. THis will be very unique for us western riders, and an uncomfortable one...believe me, you'll feel like a criminal every bit of the way. The entire course will be south of Blairemore using existing trails. Ben rode most of the course on his 105, so guys shouldn't worry that being a National event that we are going to make this killer. Again, the fucus is going to be a trail ride on the route, adn the fastest rider in the special test will be teh winner.

Headlights and taillights will be mandatory for riders to compete. THis is a guarantee given to enable us to obtain our permits to travel through town. It is allowable to use battery powered lights, bicycle lamps etc, whatever it takes to pass tech inspection on Friday. It is not necessary to have an expensive stator purchased for those 2t riders who would like to compete. We are trying to keep this simple as possible :crazy: ... :confused:

I guarantee that this event will be so enjoyable by all, that is should not be missed. hope you take it in. :cheers:

cheers
Fry

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I received an email from Bob that stated I needed headlight and taillight but not S/A.

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

Is there any way I can sound test my bike before hand (IE this week) so I know if it will pass or not, so I'm not scrambling to change exhaust at the race?

2007 WR450F FMF Powerbomb header and FMF Powercore 4 with a S/A. It's got a bark to it but definitely not as loud as many bikes I have heard.

-Rick
Rick Charles
#971 Junior
2007 WR450F

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Rick I had a WR400f with an FMF PowerCore 4 and it was embarassingly loud. I sold the bike years ago, but I still remember the headaches. And yes, I did repack it. I don't think it would possibly pass a 96 Db (is that correct) limit. FMF does make a quiet insert for that pipe that is affordable and brings the sound more in-line with a Q muffler. I intended to get one but sold the bike before I did. If you had one of those, I'm sure you could bolt it in within a matter of minutes if you failed the sound test.

Maybe the newer bike/PC4 is quieter than the one I had?

I have no idea if there is a place that you could get your bike sound tested. This club talked about getting a sound meter a while back, but I don't know if that ever happened or not.

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

cedric wrote:Rick I had a WR400f with an FMF PowerCore 4 and it was embarassingly loud. I sold the bike years ago, but I still remember the headaches. And yes, I did repack it. I don't think it would possibly pass a 96 Db (is that correct) limit. FMF does make a quiet insert for that pipe that is affordable and brings the sound more in-line with a Q muffler. I intended to get one but sold the bike before I did. If you had one of those, I'm sure you could bolt it in within a matter of minutes if you failed the sound test.

Maybe the newer bike/PC4 is quieter than the one I had?

I have no idea if there is a place that you could get your bike sound tested. This club talked about getting a sound meter a while back, but I don't know if that ever happened or not.
Yeah, I don't think I would call my bike embarassingly loud, especially compared to many I've seen racing at many events before. Also, the Powerbomb should help quiet it down considerably, or at least FMF claims it does. I did notice a big difference in sound output by putting the S/A in too, made a very noticeable difference in volume and took some of the raspy sound away, making it much more muffled.

-Rick
Rick Charles
#971 Junior
2007 WR450F

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The FMF Q with the powerbomb was getting 96db last year at the races. I'm guessing you'd be closer to 99db with the PC4. I think we had a thread in the Land Advocacy forum that people posted their results in. You might be able to find some info there.

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

More updates

No headlight and tail light required. sorry for the back and forth, we found out 10 days ago about a foot race that runs all through the valley around Blairmore, so we are unable to utilize the area directly around town. The event will be staged out of the Race Horse Creek area, where David French runs his XC. Access is good gravel road with plenty of camping space. Since we are in the forestry, we will not require head light and tail light for this event. SIgn in, trophy presentations, will all be held at the race site.

Momentum is growing for the event. Every manufacturer is sending representation to the event from their sales and marketing departments...so suit adn ties!!! Well, maybe not, but, fact remains that this will be spectacular. WEC will have their semi which will transport bikes and facilities for them to the event, as well as the Royal Distributing truck and a Rekluse vehicle ( which is coming up from the US National Enduro the weekend before ).

Since we are moving away from food services, we are planning a simple meal to be available to rider etc starting approx, 4pm.

We'll post an official itinerary soon so people can arrange their weekend.

And of course, check http://www.kmamotorcycleclub.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for updates, and new info.

thanks kids

see you soon.

cheers

fry