2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Post by fryguy »

Hi Guys

More news, check this link

http://www.worldendurocanada.com/freque ... questions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are many questions there that have been asked of me, and the answers are now written..so please disregard any lies I might have told anyone, unless of course you are in my class!!! :cheers:

More info the site, so check it out.

cheers

Lee

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

the organizers have announced the venue for the BC race. Looks like there could be some vertical challenges here??

Link

I can't wait :thumbsup:

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Apex! really? wow. I've done alot of mountain biking at Apex & the single track up there is awesome.You will be racing at altitude - 7200 ft. If the race organizer wants to make this a tuff event, look out,the terrain off the trails is nasty. :smirk: Bring your riding jacket,my wife & I have left Penticton, sunny 35 degrees & by the time we reached the sumitt @ Apex on our mountain bikes it was 3 degrees with a howling wind & snowing..... in July!This has happened to us more than once.Should be a great location for the CEC :canada:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I have booked the time off work to attend this bad boy. Who wants to carpool out to BC together. We can take my crewcab truck and a small cargo trailer to haul our trophies back :applause:

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

I'll carpool with ya Dobi... Just no spooning please, as mentioned in a previous thread.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

markvfr wrote:I'll carpool with ya Dobi... Just no spooning please, as mentioned in a previous thread.
So that REALLY wasn't a pillow then.... :D
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

the race poster is up for the BC round and it is claiming a cap of 200 riders. May want to get your registration in now :thinking:

http://www.sodbc.ca/nickel_signup.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

fresh off the press:

The Royal Distributing Canadian Enduro Championship

April Press Release

Blairmore, AB July 4th & 5th

Penticton, BC July 11th & 12th

Labelle, PQ September 12th & 13th

Parry Sound, ON September 19th & 20th

Sponsor News –
The BIG news for this month is Royal Distributing has signed on to be the title sponsor of the series. Royal is the Canadian leader in the power sports business and recognized the exposure they would gain by aligning themselves with this exciting series. As part of the sponsor package Royal Distributing is lending WEC the use of their race truck to transport bikes and equipment and to be the Race Headquarters at the four events.

Current sponsor list;

Royal Distributing, Honda, KTM, BMW, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Inside Motorcycles, MXP Magazine, IMX Magazine, Wiesner Insurance, Pirelli, Brian Kurtz Trucking, West Jet, Rekluse

WEC Website-

World Enduro Canada’s website has received a total makeover. Please check it out for more detailed information. http://www.worldendurocanada.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pro Riders –

The Pro rider list continues to grow. The excitement is building across the country and we may see multi time Canadian Superbike Champion Jordan Szoke try his hand at Enduro racing. In addition to being very fast on the pavement Jordan is an accomplished Trials riders – one of the best in Canada – so he could find himself a natural at Enduro racing. Jordan is hoping to make it to one of the eastern rounds.

Pros will be running permanent numbers for the duration of the series. Confirmed Pro Riders who have expressed their intention to compete at all 8 races of the CEC are;

o Patrick Beaule – KTM #5

o Jake Stapleton – Yamaha #17

o Brian Wojnarowski – Yamaha #2

o Alan Lachapelle – KTM #111

o Bobby Prochnau – KTM #7

o Jason Schrage – KTM #8

o Cory Grafunder – KTM # 118

o Guy Perret - #190

o Guy Giroux – BMW # 801

o Jay McGregor – Husaberg #56

o Lee Fryburger – Husaberg #96

o Shane Cuthbertson – Husaberg #20

o Kevin Cockayne – KTM #417

o Noel Bolso – KTM #28

o Chris Van Hove – Husqvarna #21

o Bryan Marshall - #24

o Nick Riewe – Husaberg #53

o Clint Riviere - #411

o Marty Halmazna – Yamaha #22

o Geoff Nelson – KTM #84

o Harmen Boer – Honda #144

o Tyler Linton - #3

o Bruce Moffat – Yamaha #45

o Jordan Szoke – Kawasaki #101

For the Pro class there will be 100% Pro Payback paid at each event based on the overall results for 2 days at each CEC event

Classes –

Pros will be divided into four classes with the overall best rider from the entire series being awarded the #1 Plate at the end of the season.

E1 (125 two strokes & 250 four strokes)

E2 (250 two strokes & 450 four strokes)

E3 (Open)

Vet (40 and over)

Amateurs will be divided into 6 classes;

A (advanced skill)

B (intermediate)

C (novice)

Vet (40+)

Super Vet (50+)

Women

For the Amateurs there will be an East and West Champion as well as an overall Champion for each class.

Entry Fees - $100 per weekend. Any riders crossing the Ontario/Winnipeg border to compete will have their entry fee waived as a travel incentive.

Top Junior Award –

Inside Motorcycles Magazine is sponsoring the Top Junior Award. Juniors will be riders 20 or under as of the date of the first race on July 4. Inside Motorcycles will be recognizing the Top Junior at each round and at the final round will award the overall Top Junior (based on results from all 8 races) with a cheque for $500. They recognize the importance

MCC – Riders will be required to have an MCC membership to compete. They are $25.00 and available on the MCC site http://www.motorcycling.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Transportation -

The WEC transportation service has been very well received. At this point there is only a few spots left on the truck heading west for July. If you interested in sending your bike and gear to your away rounds it is important to book a reservation. For more information please contact Trevor Wideman at Brian Kurtz Trucking tjw@kurtztrucking.com or 519-836-5821.

Trevor Wideman
World Enduro Canada

regarding the MCC membership, the CMRC is associated with the MCC, so that license qualifies you. So will a PN or FMSQ license. CMA will not.

The number of loops is dependant on class, not everyone will ride the noted 3 - 4 laps.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Fry cool to hear Jordan Szoke may be doing the CEC.I took him trail riding out to McLean Creek & he is a very good offroad rider,he can certainly run the pro pace, ran a really fast pace all day long & he held up fine. :canada:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Dobi wrote:the race poster is up for the BC round and it is claiming a cap of 200 riders. May want to get your registration in now :thinking:

http://www.sodbc.ca/nickel_signup.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there preregistration for the AB round?
Claude

buckcheri

Post by buckcheri »

Hey, here is a great deal from The Apex mountain Inn for any of you guys coming over . Instead of spending all the extra money on gas pulling the big rig loading ,unloading just throw the bike in the back of the truck or trailer and take advantage of this offer. Note we will be providing pit area and Security so .... just throw a lock on your bike head to the room grab a shower and relax after what we hope will be tough day.

A standard room with a kitchen(1 queen murphy bed) will be 95.00 and a standard non kitchen room with 2 queen beds will be 95.00 all prices do not include taxes, we require a 2 night minimum booking and would offer a third night at half price.We also have a hot tub area which could be working for the event(just might be what the doctor ordered !!).
You can book direct with Dan Tiessen at the Apex mountain inn at apexmountaininn@gmail.com as well check out the units here http://www.skihills.com/r7/b52_apex_mou ... n_spa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

sweet deal on the rooms.

I have filled in my race entry from and paid my monies. I Cannot wait for the freakin' snow to leave so that I can ride the new bike in preperation for this one :applause:

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

cladoo wrote:
Dobi wrote:the race poster is up for the BC round and it is claiming a cap of 200 riders. May want to get your registration in now :thinking:

Is there preregistration for the AB round?
Yes we are working on a website, all entries will be preentry as we have to prepare starting numbers etc.

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

http://www.kmamotorcycleclub.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can enter the event online at the KMA's new site. check out all aspects, for contact info for accomodations and meal tickets as well.

Pros ride a full day, amatuers ride shortened courses, depending on classes.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

I'm registered and paid for both weekends! :thumbsup:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists