The 2011 Season is here..

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Re: The 2011 Season is here..

Post by Brenan225 »

The bump from B to A is sorta up to the comp committee. If you have earned the upgrade points you are welcome and encouraged to try your hand in the A class - but we also look at comparable race times. It may be possible that you are able to move up but your times are way off the A class, if this is the case you could try and convince the committee to let you stay in the B class. An other way to look at it is that racing with faster riders will make you faster - hike up your panties and get in there!
Resist, Insist,and Persist

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

The way I calculate the advancement points, (no two free races???) I thought nobody got bumped? :thinking: I thought the rules just said 2x# of races entered? I wouldn't be embarrsed to be way slower than Mark, I think darn near everyone on the course is.

Of course I will be losing 40# in the off season :D

Actually now that I think about it, Jamie should definitely go to 30A!! Where do I go to table the motion?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Brenan225 wrote:The bump from B to A is sorta up to the comp committee. If you have earned the upgrade points you are welcome and encouraged to try your hand in the A class - but we also look at comparable race times. It may be possible that you are able to move up but your times are way off the A class, if this is the case you could try and convince the committee to let you stay in the B class. An other way to look at it is that racing with faster riders will make you faster - hike up your panties and get in there!
Has there ever been a case of the top two riders in the B series not moving up?
i have missed 2 seasons, so i will be back next year with a mission in 40B. i will than move to 40A the following season to prepare myself for the 50+ season.
Anyways, congrats to all the racers that podiumed this year from RMDRA.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

If you are looking for more in the video installment series by twotired productions, check this link.

After watching, I'm speechless. That twotired guy has some grit, and can produce a good video too!

Thanks for sharing.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

dirtyboy wrote:If you are looking for more in the video installment series by twotired productions, check this link.

After watching, I'm speechless. That twotired guy has some grit, and can produce a good video too!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot Dirtyboy! It was an adventure...

Here's part 4;

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Part 5;

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Way to leave us hanging! where's the next one!

Thanks for posting, the videos are great.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Sweet videos twotired...

I think this is getting to be the longest thread in RMDRA history.
Posting a message to keep it going...lol
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ok guys the Racehorse Creek XC was spectacular, got a lot of great footage... no time to do anything with it though. This is just one almost continuous climb of several thousand feet, doesnt look steep on the camera but alot of it was hard to get out of second on. I hope it makes those of you on the fence about racing realize what you are missing out on! :thumbsup:

Warning I inadvertently left a bad word in the song and have no time to go back and remove it... please watch accordingly!

PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

It's what came next, is why people should do this race :eek:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

MtnBlue wrote:It's what came next, is why people should do this race :eek:
I'm waiting for YouTube to develop a "scratch-and-sniff" type tech so folks can "smell my fear" in the next section. :smirk:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

...and if you enjoyed that, you'll surely love the downhill off the "Mine" loop (next year for you 37!). I can honestly say it was the longest downhill I've ever been on. Must have stopped at least 4 or 5 times as my arms and legs were cramping from squeezing so hard :smirk:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Well I'm not sure if anyone has an appetite for more video, however here is my contribution to the Crowsnest XC video collection. I'm not funny like 37, and I my ride wasn't amphibious like twotired's was, but I had an awesome time at the race. I felt a little awkward at the beginning and then found my groove a little later in the event. This is the first time in 11 CNP XC races where I didn't want to shun my bike for about a week after. :thumbsup:

MtnBlue talk it up some more, you are making me have some regret for riding the Fly loop (easier loop) instead of riding the Mine loop. :smirk:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

MtnBlue wrote:...and if you enjoyed that, you'll surely love the downhill off the "Mine" loop (next year for you 37!). I can honestly say it was the longest downhill I've ever been on. Must have stopped at least 4 or 5 times as my arms and legs were cramping from squeezing so hard :smirk:
That lone downhill coooked my brake fluid and cause hand and leg cramps that I was still feeling on Wednesday. I was able to pass 2 people here that had pulled over to stop and drink. I can't wait until next year!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Hey @ 6:43 you could have at least waved, or maybe you didn't see me as I was so far down in the woods :smirk: Try to give you a written description of the mine downhill. As I rolled up the edge, John Bader says, " I bulldog my bike down here!", I look over the precipice, and think to myself "they must have just tied a ribbon to a rock and tossed it down here", off we go, a little bulldog, remount, ride silightly terrified downhill, drop around a tree into a steep section (that I would have bulldogged if I would have seen it first), thankfully a bush stopped me from cartwheeling. Then it was a bunch of rock sidehill, one section was like a mini Carl's diner from erzberg. Then a slick long sidehill/downhill grass section, steep downturn to the right, sidehill again, and then into the never ending slash line downhill. This section was pretty tiring and had many stumps close to your footpegs. It was awesome! Can't wait to do it again. :D