2011 Supercross Update

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Wangchung
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2011 Supercross Update

Post by Wangchung »

Well that's it, I will not be buying a Yamaha in the near future. Just kidding.

He better hope that the Toronto Supercross gets dropped next yr. He may have troubles getting across the boarder.
Holy sludge this is serious, that's a felony charge, and the vehical will be confiscated and not returned .

What a stupid thing to do. His parents must be proud of him now.
2018 Husqvarna TX300
2014 KTM 450 SXF FE
2014 KX500 (KTM 350 frame)
2011 KTM 350 XCF (for sale)
2005 KTM 525 MXC
2002 CR500 (CRF450 frame)
1981 YZ465

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

He truly is the Tiger Woods of dirtbike racing :lol:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

UPDATE:
Earlier this week, former Supercross champion and current Supercross contender James "Bubba" Stewart was arrested for impersonating an officer, putting the remainder of the 2011 Supercross season in doubt. But a statement released on Stewart's website today said that Stewart will be racing on Saturday.

"James Stewart was arrested for allegedly impersonating a police officer," reads the statement from JS7.com. "Stewart allegedly used his vehicle lights and red and blue lights to slow down a vehicle containing off duty police officers... No confrontation or exchange of words between the officers and Stewart occurred.

"Stewart is extremely sorry that the incident occurred and that any negative inferences may arise that reflect poorly on his fans, his team, or his sponsors. Stewart will continue working with authorities to resolve the incident quickly."

Stewart was charged with impersonating an officer, but posted bond, and was released from Orange County Jail on Tuesday afternoon. Stewart will likely be back in court soon, but for the time being, he'll be free to race.

"Thanks to all that are standing by me," Stewart said. "I hope to resolve this incident quickly and show people that I am someone that upholds the law and someone they can respect as a competitor and as a person."

There are only 5 events left in the Supercross season, so there is a good chance that Stewart's legal issues won't interfere with the current Supercross championship. Motocross, however, could be a different story.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

ChevMack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChevMack »

im gutted to hear that!! fricken guy!! i hope his dad spanks him and hes locked in his room for the rest of the season!
2006 WR450F
+300 pound club = big kahunas

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Stewart Spanks em all! The guy is fast. Gets a five second lead and then rides smart and just maintains the lead even though he was able to pull off 47 second lap times where the next best was in the 49's!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

those tears were real and from the hearts :thumbsup:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Dobi wrote:those tears were real and from the hearts :thumbsup:
Agreed! Must really be tough to have the pressure of being #1 on you all the time. It's a long fall to the bottom when you are on the top!

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

steve-o wrote:Stewart Spanks em all! The guy is fast. Gets a five second lead and then rides smart and just maintains the lead even though he was able to pull off 47 second lap times where the next best was in the 49's!
When is the wedding Steve-o? You might have to fight off Shaheen and Emig to have Bubbas baby though.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I might have to start cheering for Bubs, he seems like the only one not throwing down the JC card on the podium :D

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

markvfr wrote:
steve-o wrote:Stewart Spanks em all! The guy is fast. Gets a five second lead and then rides smart and just maintains the lead even though he was able to pull off 47 second lap times where the next best was in the 49's!
When is the wedding Steve-o? You might have to fight off Shaheen and Emig to have Bubbas baby though.
Don't know if that is called for mark, just cheering on one of my favorites. I would have been equally as happy if Reed won too. I was also really hoping Tedesco won his heat race. Poor guy only ever seems to have 5-6 full on laps in him.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

steve-o wrote: Don't know if that is called for mark, just cheering on one of my favorites. I would have been equally as happy if Reed won too. I was also really hoping Tedesco won his heat race. Poor guy only ever seems to have 5-6 full on laps in him.
Its always called for when it comes to Bubba and you. :smirk:

Yeah, I was cheering for Tedesco as well. He was like the Alessi of old. Holeshots both the heat and the main and then starts the drift back. Kind of a boring race actually. Too bad Dungey got a little stuck behind Tedesco and let Bubba get away. After he got by, the gap didn't really grow but he didn't really close neither. It would have been a closer race at least. Its just awesome seeing all five guys lapping in the same ballpark. If Canard didn't get such a sh*tty start, he would have won the race I think. His lap times during the weekend were amazing and consistent.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

markvfr wrote:If Canard didn't get such a sh*tty start, he would have won the race I think.
You are an educated person, so thinking of another word to use instead of trying to circumvent our bad word censors shouldn't be that hard.

Let this be a warning to all. Be polite and respectful while you are having fun on this board. :thumbsup:

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Dobi wrote:those tears were real and from the hearts :thumbsup:
Those tears were because he just about blew his contracts with one dumb stunt. I think the guy is the fastest one on the track, he just bins it too much. Malcom looks to be making the highlight reel with his crashes too! I did miss not hearing Canards podium speech though :smirk:
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

sincere? puleeeze :lol:
crocodile tears i tell ya.
Sure makes the next races exciting!
i have a full report of the race up in the 'other' thread. :thumbsup:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Spinalguy wrote:sincere? puleeeze :lol:
crocodile tears i tell ya.
Sure makes the next races exciting!
i have a full report of the race up in the 'other' thread. :thumbsup:

We all saw it. Maybe don't do it this time until it is aired on tv. I'm glad I didn't read it.