Quebec CEC

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Quebec CEC

Post by thirtyseven »

PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Are the amateurs getting lost? What test is that?

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Awesome stuff, thanks 37
#Z3B

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

dirtyboy wrote:Are the amateurs getting lost? What test is that?
that's actually in the bush above the viewing area, got a good clip of a husky coming down I'll post later.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Here you go,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfzu6XrBMw

got to relate a story. I was meandering around the extreme special test critiquing lines etc, when a gigantic dude on a gigantic Husky crashes right in front of me, and by crash I mean one of those slowmotion, imanidiothopenooneiswatchingithinkilllayhereandrest type crash. I almost reached out to help, but made a quick mental calculation and decided the combined weight of bike and rider was roughly equal to that of my rental car, and I certainly was not about to carry my car around the special test... Besides it was the first special test literally only feet into the race weekend, yup I said to myself, he's on his own.

So many hours later I'm in the pits shoving a 'otdog down my throat and the behemoth roles in off the course, mud and slim oozing everywhere. I say to myself "holy smokes, he made it!" and decide to go congratulate him. I walk across the entire pits, and the only movement is to remove helmet with the accompanying avalanch of laurentian muck. Reaching him I slap his large shoulder and say "congrats, nice job, a little muddy out there?" with surprising elegance he swept his hand over his lump of mud, "yup, I didn't fall once!!!". Ok I think, this guy is a nut! "hmmm, how did the bike work?" "excellent" he says "I tried the threehundred, but I'm a bigbore fourstroke kind-of-guy". "I see...". Perhaps my sceptisism shone through, so he adds "it works great with the rekluse...." my eyes roll back in my head and I wander off stuned.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Thanks for the updates 37 :applause: ..keep them coming :thumbsup:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Had a clip of Jared saying hi to friends and family, but I screwed it up, sorry. Also Jason schrage said he was trying to do all the western boys proud (typically understated and humble).

Some thoughts....

It was a cool, cool day... Started great at midnight when the rental dude gave me some fancy suv istead of the minicar I had requested, I took alot of back roads and now have two favourite drives in Quebec, this one and the Gaspe.
It was alot of fun running around the race area like a giggling lunatic... With no bike, family or race schedule I just did whatever I wanted, which mainly meant harasing people (and did I mention giggling like a lunatic?).

It was fun watching lines develop... And actually getting to see pros bobble. I enjoyed watching the pros come into the pits after each lap... Very tense and focused for a couple of minutes and then sliding right into their usual personalities, the part that pissed me off was how fast they go back to work, seemingly oblivious that they were just pushing themselves really hard (ie no lounging around trying to replenish, no panting and moaning over the course etc etc)

the only reall disappointment to me was how few amatures there were there. While our sport is represented at it's peak by the pros on the podium, it can only grow through the involvment of clowns like us. There is only going to be one dude at the top of the podium, but hundreds of us in organizations across the country, so if any of you eastern guys are reading this.... Get out and race!!!! Not only will you support our sport, you will have a ton of fun, moments of "wow, I did THAT?" and moments of ".... I can't believe I stalled it infront of everyone...again!"(me in penticton).

Like I said a cool day, drove back to Ottawa like a native quebecouis,(really fast). A quick shower, iron the uniform and return the rental car back to th airport.... Back to reality, toil and tribulation.

Here are a couple of vids of a young guy from ontario I rode with at apex abit, excellent example of the next generation of riders, and excellent (blue) bike. We actually left apex at the same time but got seperated in that forest fire in peachland. Hope he and his family come out early next yr, some RMDRA dudes will happily take you where very few have gone before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQ_1-ou ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbuJ5dFMd4s

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

thirtyseven wrote:Had a clip of Jared saying hi to friends and family, but I screwed it up, sorry. Also Jason schrage said he was trying to do all the western boys proud (typically understated and humble).

Some thoughts....

It was a cool, cool day... Started great at midnight when the rental dude gave me some fancy suv istead of the minicar I had requested, I took alot of back roads and now have two favourite drives in Quebec, this one and the Gaspe.
It was alot of fun running around the race area like a giggling lunatic... With no bike, family or race schedule I just did whatever I wanted, which mainly meant harasing people (and did I mention giggling like a lunatic?).

It was fun watching lines develop... And actually getting to see pros bobble. I enjoyed watching the pros come into the pits after each lap... Very tense and focused for a couple of minutes and then sliding right into their usual personalities, the part that pissed me off was how fast they go back to work, seemingly oblivious that they were just pushing themselves really hard (ie no lounging around trying to replenish, no panting and moaning over the course etc etc)

the only reall disappointment to me was how few amatures there were there. While our sport is represented at it's peak by the pros on the podium, it can only grow through the involvment of clowns like us. There is only going to be one dude at the top of the podium, but hundreds of us in organizations across the country, so if any of you eastern guys are reading this.... Get out and race!!!! Not only will you support our sport, you will have a ton of fun, moments of "wow, I did THAT?" and moments of ".... I can't believe I stalled it infront of everyone...again!"(me in penticton).

Like I said a cool day, drove back to Ottawa like a native quebecouis,(really fast). A quick shower, iron the uniform and return the rental car back to th airport.... Back to reality, toil and tribulation.

Here are a couple of vids of a young guy from ontario I rode with at apex abit, excellent example of the next generation of riders, and excellent (blue) bike. We actually left apex at the same time but got seperated in that forest fire in peachland. Hope he and his family come out early next yr, some RMDRA dudes will happily take you where very few have gone before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQ_1-ou ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbuJ5dFMd4s
Good videos and great story, Howard. I actually rode with that fellow at the Blairmore CEC as well, I caught up to him and had a little chat with him waiting for people at a few of the tests, you're right, really nice guy, and fast! He was amazed at the hills the Blairmore CEC had, I'm sure the Apex round was no different!

-Rick

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

thirtyseven wrote:the only reall disappointment to me was how few amatures there were there. While our sport is represented at it's peak by the pros on the podium, it can only grow through the involvment of clowns like us. There is only going to be one dude at the top of the podium, but hundreds of us in organizations across the country, so if any of you eastern guys are reading this.... Get out and race!!!! Not only will you support our sport, you will have a ton of fun, moments of "wow, I did THAT?" and moments of ".... I can't believe I stalled it infront of everyone...again!"(me in penticton).
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

rock93
Writer
Writer

Post by rock93 »

Congratulations to Ty Mckenna, Ben Rivere, Shelby Turner, Jared Thomas, and the overall champion, Jason Schrage. All the 2010 Canadian Champions that are from Alberta. :applause:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

rock93 wrote:Congratulations to Ty Mckenna, Ben Rivere, Shelby Turner, Jared Thomas, and the overall champion, Jason Schrage. All the 2010 Canadian Champions that are from Alberta. :applause:
Congratulations :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

rock93 wrote:Congratulations to Ty Mckenna, Ben Rivere, Shelby Turner, Jared Thomas, and the overall champion, Jason Schrage. All the 2010 Canadian Champions that are from Alberta. :applause:
Thats awesome. :nworthy:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Way too go guys! (that of course, includes you too Shelby!) :applause: :applause:

Nice to see continued success and strength in numbers from the West! :thumbsup:

D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »