2010 Corner Grass race

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2010 Corner Grass race

Post by trailguy »

Big thanks to Jay,Nick,Krista, etc for putting on a first class offroad race.Not to many club members showed up, but most had really good rides.Bruce had a couple top 10 moto's in Novice,Aaron [ micro bowtech] was 2nd in Pee Wee advanced,are Prez. dobi had a great ride for 2nd in Expert,my son Ty was in a battle royal in youth Inter. 23 racers,3 checked out shortly into the race [Ty being one of them] they all took turns leading the race, this went on for an hour.In the end Ty finished 2nd right behind his buddy Tarrin Gerber.It was awesome to watch.I got to battle with Tarrin's dad Jim in Vet Expert for a bit in my moto's.The Pro line up was amazing [approx. 14 ] with anyone of about 6 guys that could win.Shane ended up winning both moto's,with the 2nd moto being a real battle with Jason Schrage. :canada:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2010 Corner Grass race

Post by Dobi »

Another well run race by the CGRT.

The new Pro obstacle section was something else though. Jumping off the roof of a suburban looks easier then it really is. :crazy:

Bruce
Writer
Writer

Post by Bruce »

I had a great time. Big thanx to trialsPaul for all the Tuesday night speed training. I was able to run guys down on the grass reasonably effectively. Thanx to WRocks and his advanced course last wed, the log hopping was pretty easy. That was my 1st ever attempt at obstacles. I'm happy they didn't make us do the big obstacles :crazy: Dobi, Trailguy and TrialsPaul were a joy to watch in the big stuff. They're all so smooth and made it look much easier. Shane,Jason and the other CGRT guys were amazing! Speed and commitment. I really enjoyed the kid’s races too. There were some kids rippin it up out there with training wheels on fire! Almost wish I had some! (Kids not wheels even though I'd prob benefit from training wheels).
Moto 1 was a gong show for me. I was fixing a flat while the parade lap was going so I had no idea where I was going at race time. A tight off-camber left near the start... Guy went down in front of me trying to slide the turn; I went into his back with my back tire and clobbered him. Really rang the poor dude’s bell. I went from 5th to 3rd last after that corner. Spent the rest of the moto rushing, trying to get back near the front. Too fast through the obstacles, I got a bit kooky in the rock garden, wheelied then drop the front tire into a big hole and off I went. Broke a couple bones in my hand (not too bad). I'll post the vid if I can. Got a ton of practice picking my bike up! lol
The 2nd moto was better for me. I didn't really want to hurt my hand further. The rain delay afforded us a chance for lunch then the sun came out and we went racing. It was like riding on wax paper for the 1st 1- 1/2 to 2 laps then the course was awesome. Super fast, perfect berms and it would hold all the power you could lay down. Even the rock garden dried out enough to be fun. I learned not to race in the obstacles! I'll be back next year.
'09 Husaberg FE 570
'10 Ducati Multistrada S

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Whoops, I forgot about trialspaul.Nice ride to 4th in Expert Paul.
That Suburban was getting sketchy in the 2nd moto when the dirt down ramp went away for sure Dobi.I was skid plate bouncing off the end of it :eek:

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

an sensor went in my truck thursday night. i was bummed, couldn't make the race. that track looks world class.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

Yup another amazing year with CGRT & SGMC. 85 some riders on saturday alone. Having to get results 5 minuets after a moto and with 4 motos in the day makes for an interesting time, basically 4 races to run in 4ish hours, along while videographing & photographing. HUGE thanks to my scorekeeping crew who made things go over VERY smoothley!
Results up monday as everyone is at the CEC!

Check out Podium Results for now - http://bit.ly/2010CornerGrassPodiumsCMA

Check out the photos here
http://bit.ly/CornerGrass2010 , there are about another 500 or so to go up, i am without a proper computer so its tough editing/uploading. Oh how i take advantage of good equipment!

If you have photos & want them hosted on our dedicated photo galleries just send me a line!

I was the guy running beside riders Videoing & Taking your pics, As soon as I get my Laptop fixed I will throw up some videos. Oh man are there some insane stuff, a 1 min battle between schrage & cuthbertson to the bitter end in the pro obstacle course, they were UNDER 1 min for that section! That took alot to run around up & down the obstacles but the video was worth it!
Oh and if you faceplanted in the obstacle courses, i most likey got it.

The dude who hucked his KTM off the flatbed truck tires and it did a 180 almost hitting me, I GOT IT AND ITS AMAZING!!!! You missed your exhaust by not even an inch, that would have been UGGGGLY!!!