Porkies X/C Update

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Re: Porkies X/C Update

Post by KanadianIceMan »

Thanks for everythign!!!

I tuck tape my boots real good I will ahve to ducktape my tag better next time! I was 4th behind shelbey when i got to the 3rd check but ,looked down and my heart just sank, oh well, had a wicked time chasing this girl and she was hauling serious butt the whole day letting off for no one,& had such fun in the rock section too!

I will be going back to porkies next weekend to look for my helmet camera on loop 1 I lost (contour HD, approximatey 20-30KM into the loop 1) if anyone wants to come with! Will have free rockstar & product to give away on the search for my camera!

xracer
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by xracer »

I may have missed a checkpoint in the first loop. How many were there?

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

2 on the first, 1 on the second.

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

MotorEd wrote:2 on the first, 1 on the second.
Two cirlces and on star
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

On Monday after the race I went out for a nice ride on the first loop of the race course at Porkies. Near the end of what the locals call "The Darkside" (the side hill, rooty section) I saw ahead of me a medium sized cougar (mountain lion) running down the trail in front of me. :eek:

Finally the cat turned off the trail 20 meters and watched me approach before high tailing over a log and out of sight down the hill.

It was very exciting to see the cat, but I am glad that I didn't stall or crash just then. :thinking:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

dirtyboy wrote:On Monday after the race I went out for a nice ride on the first loop of the race course at Porkies. Near the end of what the locals call "The Darkside" (the side hill, rooty section) I saw ahead of me a medium sized cougar (mountain lion) running down the trail in front of me. :eek:

Finally the cat turned off the trail 20 meters and watched me approach before high tailing over a log and out of sight down the hill.

It was very exciting to see the cat, but I am glad that I didn't stall or crash just then. :thinking:
OK Guys...it's probably time to take that pork chop out of DirtBoy's back pack. It doens't seem to be slowing him down any :smirk:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hendrix13 wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:On Monday after the race I went out for a nice ride on the first loop of the race course at Porkies. Near the end of what the locals call "The Darkside" (the side hill, rooty section) I saw ahead of me a medium sized cougar (mountain lion) running down the trail in front of me. :eek:

OK Guys...it's probably time to take that pork chop out of DirtBoy's back pack. It doens't seem to be slowing him down any :smirk:
LOL... :smirk:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists