Porkies X/C Update

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Porkies X/C Update

Post by Dobi »

Porcupine Hills cross country May 22nd and 23rd, 2010
Attention: All riders must bring their CMRC license card, or e-mail confirmation to sign in, with their helmet. (licenses will be available on site as well)
If you have an under age rider you must fill out a Parent/Minor waiver form. This form is done once a year and kept on file. You can find it on the ADRA website. www.albertadirtriders.com (form will be on site as well)
Make sure you have filled out both sides, and signed front and back.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
rtturner@figment.ca

Note:
Please have numbers on your bike, front, and side plates.
Random sound testing will happen as well, so if your bike is LOUD, get it fixed!!

Renee Turner
ADRA Off Road Office Administrator

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Porkies X/C Update

Post by steve-o »

Both environenment Canada and the weather network's forecast have changed and it looks like it's gonna be AWESOME for the weekend. A little cool for some, but great riding conditions!!

rocky mountain racer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rocky mountain racer »

:applause: Hi everyone. Just stopped home to pick up the wife. We have a 100 km course layed out. lots of old race course from 10-15 years ago. The conditions at this time are dry and dusty. Should be a great weekend. See you there john. :thumbsup:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

SWEET. Thanks for the update John.

I am pulling out of Calgary around 6:00pm tonight!

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

Wow, what a course! That was absolutely beautiful day, amazing loamy singletrack everywhere for 100KM. Nothing but fun to be had!

No idea why there were no photographers in memory lane, that was just carnage & fun everywehre, only time I road anything that gnarly was in BC, but really nothing to that extent, that was a gem of a a find threw there!

REWARD OF COOL STUFF!!
There is a Contour HD 1080p Helmet camera around 1/2 way point of Loop one, it is black. If you find i would love you forever & hook you up with some cool swag of free jersies, rockstar, gear etc!

Memory Lane (Devils knives)
To get a picture of this area, it was a trials riders dream, & Nightmare. Case smashing to be had everywhere with pipes taking everything and leaving nothing.

At one spot I actually had to stop & lift 3 bikes off guys so I could just get threw! Thank god for my trusty trials tire at 5PSI with a Tubliss Tire (from bowridge in cochrane), Wrapped around everything & the old YZ250 just grunted her way threw there in 2nd gear (no 1st gear yet, lost that ice racing!)

So much fun!! Now off to work!

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

KanadianIceMan wrote:Wow, what a course! That was absolutely beautiful day, amazing loamy singletrack everywhere for 100KM. Nothing but fun to be had!

Memory Lane (Devils knives)
To get a picture of this area, it was a trials riders dream, & Nightmare. Case smashing to be had everywhere with pipes taking everything and leaving nothing.
Today was the same. Damm... those rock were slippery. Just when you get your second wind along came memory lane to kick your d*ck in the dirt. Awesome course and weather. Obviously, kudos to the organizers and volunteers.
#Z3B

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

i bet they were slippery! All i could say was, they all laughed at my trials tire, look whos laughing now, muahahha.
It had its downsides when i was 5th tapped going on an off/camber hillside and it hit some grass, ooo man that was sketch!

Moreso my yz250 is still in ice race mode with no fly wheel, ported for a bit of top end & gear 13/52 so i could use 2nd as first (1st is toasted)

such a fun course!!

Check out helmet cam from vetb on my dad of one that survived - http://www.vholdr.com/video/porcupine-h ... ss-country

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Kudos to the LMC, Bader and crew :applause: Seriously a freaking awesome race....love the courses you guys put together. The rock garden was pretty awesome :crazy: All in all an awesome weekend, perfect weather for race day....especially given how Saturday was shaping up :crazy:

Thanks for all the hard work, and super big CHEERS to all the volunteers :nworthy:
:cheers:

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

Thanks so much for an AWESOME race!!! Perfect day, perfect course. Thanks everyone for all the hard work to make that happen.

I had to pull off the course after the first loop because I bashed my leg pretty hard when I washed out in a rooty corner, but I don't care, I had such a killer ride.

And thanks so much to the guy who picked up my bike after I crashed!!! Thanks to you, my bike didn't flood and I was able to get it started first kick even though my leg was killing me. Whoever it was, he was wearing a bright stripped jersey racing 30 or 40 B and he probably lost a position for helping me, so thanks again I really appreciate it!!

:)
Mrs. Wildman

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Suzanne wrote: And thanks so much to the guy who picked up my bike after I crashed!!! Thanks to you, my bike didn't flood and I was able to get it started first kick even though my leg was killing me. Whoever it was, he was wearing a bright stripped jersey racing 30 or 40 B and he probably lost a position for helping me, so thanks again I really appreciate it!! :)
If he lost a position and finished behind you, it must have been me. :crybaby: How's Kev's arm?
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

The trail the LMC crew laid out was nothing short of awesome and the rock had me grinning from ear to ear. :D If all the XC are like this one I'll be there for sure. Nice work guys. :nworthy: :applause:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

250scott wrote:
Suzanne wrote: And thanks so much to the guy who picked up my bike after I crashed!!! Thanks to you, my bike didn't flood and I was able to get it started first kick even though my leg was killing me. Whoever it was, he was wearing a bright stripped jersey racing 30 or 40 B and he probably lost a position for helping me, so thanks again I really appreciate it!! :)
If he lost a position and finished behind you, it must have been me. :crybaby: How's Kev's arm?
Well thanks so much if it was you who pick up my bike!! But the guy still finished ahead of me cause I never did catch up to him after that.

Kevin has about an inch long crack in one of his arm bones, not quite bad enough for a cast. Classic Kevin seems hardly affected at all and today is business as usual, already thinking about the next race.
Mrs. Wildman

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Great course, great day, great bike, great strategy, great ride untill shortly into the 2nd loop when the lack of riding reared it's ugly head and my body crashed literally and figuratively. Over and over and over. And for good measure got struck by a junior while we were tapped in 3rd or 4th. Irony? His bike was blue.....
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

WOW! Impressive coarse design/layout. Strategic. I would put this race, close to the top, for all time races. I wish Mclean was that easy for coarse layout. Our options are; brutal single track to get to moderate single track, or rain rut nasty quad trail to truck trail to single track and then our quad and truck trails are mega busy.

anyways, i really enjoyed it. I always love racing the porkies. couldn't have had better conditions.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Bar Code data/results are up on the ADRA website.

http://albertadirtriders.com/barcoderesults.htm

Thanks Kim and Renee (and all the race day volunteers!). :cheers:

D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists