Cory Graffunder

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Cory Graffunder

Post by fryguy »

so the rumours are TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I spoke to the other 'wonderboy', after seeing his 3rd in Oklahoma EX...and is he pumped.. :nworthy:

The second thing he says to me is...'did ya see I'm on a Husky?', to which I proclaim ' that's a typo isn't it?'

But hale to what is my understanding, the first PROFESSIONAL Canadian Offroad rider...he signed with Zip Tie Racing a week or so prior to the event :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I didn't ask too many grizzly details as the reception was poor but hopefully we see something online somewhere.

cheers

fry

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Cory Graffunder

Post by MotorEd »

That guy has skills, nice work and congrats! :nworthy:

:cheers:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Great deal for Cory. (Shame he has to ride a Husky :thumbsdown: )

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Dobi wrote:Great deal for Cory. (Shame he has to ride a Husky :thumbsdown: )
Heeheeheehoohoohoohahahha *cough* Zeal *cough* hehehe! :lol:
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Rider Eh! wrote: Heeheeheehoohoohoohahahha *cough* Zeal *cough* hehehe! :lol:
...aaaahh, that one made me chuckle!

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Hey, don't laugh, red European bikes are where it is at.

They totally rule, are awesome, and... are awesome!

Did I mention I have a Husky for sale right now. Maybe if you buy it you will be awesome like me and Cory G.

Eat my dust! :mad:

Zeal
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Well its true, you can't take a little red wagon and make it fast, as David Knight proved, however...the Husky is a little different breed. They have a ton of resourses to make the bike work for him...and maybe the dude just has the skill to say " its not about the bike"

best of luck to the man!!!!

fry

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

fryguy wrote:Well its true, you can't take a little red wagon and make it fast, as David Knight proved, however...the Husky is a little different breed. They have a ton of resourses to make the bike work for him...and maybe the dude just has the skill to say " its not about the bike"

best of luck to the man!!!!

fry
I am sure he has the skill and the team backing to make the Husky work just fine.

I am man enough to admit that I need a solid platform to perform on. The 2 years I spent dangling off the back of my 450SXF was very humbling...... :crybaby:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Dobi wrote:

I am man enough to admit that I need a solid platform to perform on. The 2 years I spent dangling off the back of my 450SXF was very humbling...... :crybaby:
I too will admit I wouldn't be able to keep up with the KTMs if I was on one....
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

thirtyseven wrote:
Dobi wrote:

I too will admit I wouldn't be able to keep up with the KTMs if I was on one....

dstrber :smirk:

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

Way to go Cory!
You are a fantastic rider and hopefully have a long career ahead of you, not to mention a nice guy too.
Congrats! :cheers:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

TrialsPaul
Writer
Writer

Post by TrialsPaul »

There is a press release on offroadchampions

http://www.offroadchampions.com/html/husqvarna_ok.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It says he was riding a TC250, isn't that the same bike as yours Zeal???

Video of the endurocross....

http://shotmakerproductions.com/2009/08 ... 2-webshow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instructor - Offroad Motorcycle Training Institute (providing offroad training in Alberta)
http://www.offroadmotorcycletraining.ca

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Post by DIRTTV »

I spoke to Cory yesterday and he had told me the 250F is set up "just the way he likes it". He was also quick to mention that "ty Davis" set up his bike personally.

I am sure that Cory can make anything happen if he wants but I also know Cory has worked hard for it and the bottom line is A Canadian rider CAN get a factory off road ride if you want it bad enough.

Dont forget he has an Excellent manager that helps take care of his buisness side as well as a supportive family.

sound familiar "FRYGUY"? :nworthy:

Jaro51
User
User

Post by Jaro51 »

TrialsPaul wrote:There is a press release on offroadchampions

http://www.offroadchampions.com/html/husqvarna_ok.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It says he was riding a TC250, isn't that the same bike as yours Zeal???

Video of the endurocross....

http://shotmakerproductions.com/2009/08 ... 2-webshow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Same model as Zeals (and mine too) but it is the long awaited 2010 model year that is a redesigned version with a brand new engine and chassis. If memory serves me correctly, it weighs about 202 lbs dry. Yes 202lbs. Could be a real game changer since Huskys have been well, husky in the past but this new bike is significantly lighter than its Austrian and Japanese counterparts so those following Husky are very excited to see how the new bike works. Cory's podium shows that the bike is capable so lets hope that with Cory's talent, a good bike and great team, Cory can make a serious impression on the off road world in the years to come.