2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
klechelt

Re: 2009 Canadian Enduro Championship

Post by klechelt »

Moderator's edit:

I spoke to Kim at ADRA and she was responding to the following:
fryguy wrote:Bob has had numerous discussions with the WEC people and CMRC to understand the coverages, and the liability coverage for the CEC is actually more than what the CMRC carries.
So since Kim' post is responding to Lee's "my insurance is better than your insurance" comments we will allow this.
Moderator's edit end:

The insurance coverage (Oasis) that has been obtained for the CEC is definitely not as extensive as the coverage that CMRC can offer through their policy. PLL (Participant Legal Liability) and SPL (Spectator Legal Liability) are the expensive parts of insurance and would protect everyone involved if a spectator or participant was injured, maimed or killed at an event. CMRC has confirmation in writing from Oasis that they do not have PLL or SPL. In addition AD & D insurance is an optional purchase with Oasis whereas with CMRC it is not. How can a policy without PLL and SPL and OPTIONAL AD&D be a better policy?

klechelt

Post by klechelt »

In regards to the item I just posted about the CEC insurance I failed to mention some pertinent info. My name is Kim Lechelt and I'm the office administrator for the Alberta Dirt Riders Association. If any of you would like to discuss the insurance topic further I can be reached by telephone at 780-416-2977 or by email at adrainfo@telus.net

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

We will be watching this topic very closely in the future. To all: Please let's not have a public fight who has better insurance.

An easy way to put this matter to rest would be to post the insurance details on the KMA, or CEC web site. :thumbsup:

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

Fry,

Kevin has a question about the loop ... he's riding his YZ250 as usual and he's wondering if he'll have enough gas to get around the loop? How many Km is the loop? Only one gas pit, correct?

Suz
Mrs. Wildman

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=791995" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a link to a bunch of info posted on thumpertalk about the BC Enduro.

http://red450.smugmug.com/gallery/87078 ... 8820_SugNv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.red450.smugmug.com/gallery/8 ... XWX#P-1-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those next 2 are links to pictures of the Extreme Test, or some of it at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptHXdGSYnY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHhn1vzo20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then finally 2 helmet cams of a transfer section and some of the extreme test.

Looks gnarly, I'm guessing the Racehorse one will be much of the same! :thumbsup:

-Rick
Rick Charles
#971 Junior
2007 WR450F

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Hmm, I was just going to post those videos here too. After watching the Xtreme test...what the heck did I get myself into... :eek:

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

markvfr wrote:Hmm, I was just going to post those videos here too. After watching the Xtreme test...what the heck did I get myself into... :eek:
Don't worry, I'll be right there pushing my bike beside you!! What class you racing? I signed up for amateur B. Coming out friday night? I'll be in the Pass (Blairmore) all week at my girlfriends parents'. Call me if you're coming down sooner.

-Rick
Rick Charles
#971 Junior
2007 WR450F

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Roger that Rick. Sent you a PM. Good to see I won't be alone out there. :cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

If a Husaberg can make the extreme test without crashing we can too. :thumbsup:

Working on the power of positive thinking. Who told those guys that they could use equipment to build the special tests ?? :lol:

Actually, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Those teeter toters are weird feeling. They feel like they don't go down forever and drop, down you go. Just a little patience required. I never tried jumping off the side of the them. :thinking: Anyone?

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

dirtyboy wrote:If a Husaberg can make the extreme test without crashing we can too. :thumbsup:

Working on the power of positive thinking. Who told those guys that they could use equipment to build the special tests ?? :lol:

Actually, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Those teeter toters are weird feeling. They feel like they don't go down forever and drop, down you go. Just a little patience required. I never tried jumping off the side of the them. :thinking: Anyone?
I've ridden off the side of the ones at Temple Hill before, my first time over I figured they'd teeter a lot sooner than they did, it was unnerving for sure, but i just wheelied off of it and made 'er out unscathed. Next time I was more patient with it! :lol:

-Rick
Rick Charles
#971 Junior
2007 WR450F

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Are the riders allowed to pre-ride (or at least pre-view) the special tests before being timed in them for the actual race event? Beyond that, is there even time to check them out in advance of racing them (ie, on race day)?

Is Sunday's route/special tests a duplicate of Saturday's, or is it all different trail and new test sections?

D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

klechelt wrote: "my insurance is better than your insurance"

This sport is not about insurance.

After finding the result of my post, and re reading my post, I realize that I greatly misrepresented myself with my statement. I am writing this with great regret. I did not intend to argue "my insurance is better than your insurance", although my statement certainly says so. My apolodies to all involved.

At the time, I was frustrated with insurance being used to denounce the efforts of the industry, WEC and those involved with the Alberta round. The sport has seen too many instances of negative publicity, which has held Canadian off road to its knees for too many decades. I have not worked as hard as I have over the last few years to allow politics to tear the sport apart any more. Again, I regret saying what I said, my intention was to state that any rider who was told that insurance was a good reason to not attend, should reconsider. Lawyers and litigaters have made us all weak. It is my opinion that the sport in this country deserves to have a real, true national series, and that if we hold insurance as a focal point, we are missing the point. Building champions and a program for our youth to fall into is what is important.

Please accept my explanation and also understand my feeling for and about the sport.

respectfully

Lee Fryberger

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Suzanne wrote:Fry,

Kevin has a question about the loop ... he's riding his YZ250 as usual and he's wondering if he'll have enough gas to get around the loop? How many Km is the loop? Only one gas pit, correct?

Suz
The course will configured in a figure 8, approx 40 km, then another 15. ( mileage not confirmed, approx. ) both loops begin and end at camp, so a splash of gas can be had before the smaller, second loop. It is intended that a mxer can ride without a large tank.
cheers

fry

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

crazy2wheeler wrote:Are the riders allowed to pre-ride (or at least pre-view) the special tests before being timed in them for the actual race event? Beyond that, is there even time to check them out in advance of racing them (ie, on race day)?

Is Sunday's route/special tests a duplicate of Saturday's, or is it all different trail and new test sections?

D.
Hi Derek

The tests are arrowed and have some ribbon on them, now, so they will be walkable Friday morning, Absolutely no preriding course. We will add more ribbon and banner on Friday. I would walk them on Friday, as the event starts 9am on Saturday/Sunday. Sundays course is the same as Saturdays, with no change to course or tests, unless they need to be rerouted if unridable. All the tests begin or end at camp, so accessing them is easy.

cheers

fry

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

see ya tonight!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w