Porkies Hare scramble moved to June 21,22nd

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
rocky mountain racer
Contributor
Contributor

Porkies Hare scramble moved to June 21,22nd

Post by rocky mountain racer »

Hi everyone. I was out in the Porkies on Saturday checking out the conditions. The snow was still 2 to 3 feet deep in the shady tree sections and on the north facing slopes. The ground is still very frozen in those locations. Therefore we have decided to move the hare scramble to June 21,22nd. Please spread the word. Thanks John.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Tough Break John.
Thanks for rescheduling and not canceling. Its a lot of work and we appreciate it :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Spinalguy wrote: Thanks for rescheduling and not canceling. Its a lot of work and we appreciate it :cheers:
x2!!!! :applause:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Moose
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Moose »

Uh-oh - Cornergrass race is same weekend...

I realize these are 2 different sanctioning bodies, however I believe it was scheduled not to conflict with any CMRC events. It's a popular race (even with the CMRC folk) - too bad there is now a choice to be made - this will affect attendance at both events.

Wendy
User
User

Post by Wendy »

Tough call to make John, but its probably the best choice; to reschedule; given how the weather has been this year. :canada:

Jag33

Post by Jag33 »

Wouldn't it be possible to have the Porkies race June 7/8 weekend :banana: (no hare scrambles or CC scheduled) so there isn't any conflict to avoid what happened last year with the Smith and Corner Grass race.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Moose wrote:Uh-oh - Cornergrass race is same weekend...

I realize these are 2 different sanctioning bodies, however I believe it was scheduled not to conflict with any CMRC events. It's a popular race (even with the CMRC folk) - too bad there is now a choice to be made - this will affect attendance at both events.
It is going to be one tough call to make too :nopity:

onthemain
Writer
Writer

tough call

Post by onthemain »

That sucks !!! I know its huge work to put on either race from experience and I know that after you are done with course lay out and the logistics you then are hoping for the biggest turn out possible and now numbers will be split in two again :crybaby:
07 CRF 250X

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Jag33 wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to have the Porkies race June 7/8 weekend :banana: (no hare scrambles or CC scheduled) so there isn't any conflict to avoid what happened last year with the Smith and Corner Grass race.
I like this idea too!

rocky mountain racer
Contributor
Contributor

:banghead: Hi everyone. On the weekend of June 7,8th Bob Reed is getting married A majority of the volunteers, myself included will be attending his wedding, so I can not use that weekend. I don't like to go against another off road event, but i have no other choice, as racing in the Porkies in July or August is very dangerous due to the tall grass, extremely dusty conditions, and cattle everywhere. My only other option would be to cancel the event. I will be checking the conditions in the Porkies this weekend. Maybe it is melting faster than I thought and I can run the original date. I'll keep you posted. Thanks John.

rocky mountain racer
Contributor
Contributor

:banana: Moving the race back to the original dates of May 10,11th. No more conflicts. Thanks John.